[Event] 24Hours Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

Umm  2020 route updated on the website:

Lap distance: just over 12km. Elevation around 350m

my spez with 3x9 looking more and more appealing.

/me off to get e-bike

"At 12,4km we are slightly longer than before but I think the mid descent climb and extra DH will give the lap better balance."

I like the sound of the changes - it seems like a good course.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting pretty excited.

Lights are charged.

Bikes are clean and serviced.

Whatsapp group is pinging like a bunch of teenage boys who discovered girls.

I can't wait for Friday so that I can pack the bakkie.

ummmmm and meetings ?

I'm glad we're not doing the 2017 route.

Vissie's is a legendary trail.

Adding JK's Edge is kief, I was hoping that Sounds of Silence would be in as well, but then the lap would probably be too long at 15-16kms.

"At 12,4km we are slightly longer than before but I think the mid descent climb and extra DH will give the lap better balance."

I like the sound of the changes - it seems like a good course.

12.4 to 12.5Km makes the keeping track of lap distance math easier. The climbing is going to be a leg breaker. Come lap 10 many are going to have wobbly legs, me included

Load shedding seems to only be problem on Sunday 8:00 till 10:30 ..  Saterday is 08:00-10:00...

At least sun should be up by then, hopefully they have generators as I'll need some coffee.

Load shedding seems to only be problem on Sunday 8:00 till 10:30 ..  Saterday is 08:00-10:00...

At least sun should be up by then, hopefully they have generators as I'll need some coffee.

How would load shedding have an impact this weekend if there is no electricity at Oak Valley.  You are going to have load shedding the whole weekend...….

How would load shedding have an impact this weekend if there is no electricity at Oak Valley. You are going to have load shedding the whole weekend...….

Well, if there's loadshedding during dark hours there's a risk that light batteries won't be able to get recharged.

How would load shedding have an impact this weekend if there is no electricity at Oak Valley.  You are going to have load shedding the whole weekend...….

Coffee vendor cannot make coffee (some of us unfortunately don't have camping kit for coffee etc)

Coffee vendor cannot make coffee (some of us unfortunately don't have camping kit for coffee etc)

make some friends with your camping neighbour who do then!