Keeping it real with Steel.....Scelerat is going back

Waxhead

Same chain, done 4 Epics

What's the bet you are still on the same origional application of chain lube that came from the factory :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Max!

That bike is the enemy of the cycle industry which annually expects a massive spend on drivetrain and suspension components both before and after the Epic Spend, I mean race. 

Same chain, done 4 Epics

out of real interest here, what chain is that please?

the basic chain I have on my SS commuter is pretty dead after a years commuting ... so a serious chain like that may be a good opion.

Start at 7.35.........be at u around 9 bells

Kit looks like this 

Good luck...was nice meeting you at Tankwa.

out of real interest here, what chain is that please?

the basic chain I have on my SS commuter is pretty dead after a years commuting ... so a serious chain like that may be a good opion.

KNC - BMX one but then i use special CNC tooled chainrings made out of steel and double the normal width. All contributes to longevity of the chain i feel

wax head , hats off ....you're so much cooler than I'll ever be 

Hairy , check the one from rapide , i've got the "lighter" one of the two SS chains he has and its chunky AF !

wax head , hats off ....you're so much cooler than I'll ever be 

Hairy , check the one from rapide , i've got the "lighter" one of the two SS chains he has and its chunky AF !

i also have one of these on a side project. looks like a motorbike chain lol

KNC - BMX one but then i use special CNC tooled chainrings made out of steel and double the normal width. All contributes to longevity of the chain i feel

where did you lay your grubby paws on the custom made chain ring please?

where did you lay your grubby paws on the custom made chain ring please?

Engineering buddy tooled them for me on his CNC machine....

He did Tankwa? How did you find the monster? I did it about 4 years ago on a SS. Had to walk that hill. Well most of it.

That was a beast of a hill, could not do all of it on the bike and walked/shuffled/ran most of it. I did Imbuko a few weeks ago and that was insane - 3000 elevation over 77km with average speed of 10km per hour!

If you are able to keep your eyes open after every day at the Epic, with a few epic beers afterwards, please would you drop a line or two over here of your day's experience!?!?

will try, but it gets quite hectic at Epic with the clock, especially as i have development riders top look after as well....u chasing your ass all the time.

Will do a follow up at the end of Epic on this forum but try look out for my posts on FB - Max Waxhead Menzies