Vuelta a España 2020

Vetplant

Missed stage 7 but watched the highlights last night.  Where the hell was "this" Roglic in the TdF?

From watching the tour I never would expected he is the kind of guy that want/can attack after attack after attack, a pleasant surprise though.

Is it a case of the competition is simply weaker or is he on song? 

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riders do "come into their own" at different times of the year, depending on their or the teams plan/goals. Very few riders can be up near the top race after race after race.....

Timing is everything . . . 

We had no highlights last night, just a whole evening of girls playing either netball or basket ball followed by (and I was lucky to catch it while I was channel hoping) 30 seconds of the Stage winner crossing the line!

Man those last few km's were just one loooong sprint but in the end Roglic added even more sprint to the sprint! 

Nicely done :-)

What an elegant stage win by Roglič. And he earns the red jersey after a long decision making process by the race commissaires.

Remember there’s only 18 stages this year due to the COVID-19 restrictions with the start scheduled in another country, Portugal I think.

Tomorrow’s stage will be over over 170 kms with a vert of 4400 meters. It’s a preview of sorts to the mighty Angliru on Sunday. The stage will be ‘only’ be 104 kms long; expect some fireworks.

Roglič must get energy from the sun or something with his ability to stay on the sharp end of racing this season. Yoh!

Edited by 'Dale

And Dan was the only one of the top 3 to get the same time as Roglic today; good man [emoji1303]

But this is the sort of thing I mentioned was missing from Roglic at the Tour de France; taking little gaps when he had the chance.

Awesome performance from Roglic. I'm loving the man-against-man type of racing we have been seeing at the Vuelta!

I worry though that Rog might begin to fade towards the latter part of the race.

It's also been great to see Dan Martin putting in a strong, consistent performance.

And Dan was the only one of the top 3 to get the same time as Roglic today; good man [emoji1303]

But this is the sort of thing I mentioned was missing from Roglic at the Tour de France; taking little gaps when he had the chance.

They (LJV) probably didn’t feel the need to attack, and probably though a 1-min lead would be sufficient. Roglic is probably showing how he’s learnt from that error.

What an elegant stage win by Roglič. And he earns the red jersey after a long decision making process by the race commissaires.

Remember there’s only 18 stages this year due to the COVID-19 restrictions with the start scheduled in another country, Portugal I think.

Tomorrow’s stage will be over over 170 kms with a vert of 4400 meters. It’s a preview of sorts to the mighty Angliru on Sunday. The stage will be ‘only’ be 104 kms long; expect some fireworks.

Roglič must get energy from the sun or something with his ability to stay on the sharp end of racing this season. Yoh!

The sun or something yes. He is becoming a bit like Mr Peak 365. 

Apparently a Rider Protest at the start, led by Froome.

They feel the commissairs made an error last night when they decided to take time gaps at 1s instead of the anticipated 3s...with the result that Roglic moved into red.

10 teams voted against the decision made last night.

Could be a very pivotal 3s if the race doesn't reach Milan.

Edited by Vetplant

Apparently a Rider Protest at the start, led by Froome.

They feel the commissairs made an error last night when they decided to take time gaps at 1s instead of the anticipated 3s...with the result that Roglic moved into red.

10 teams voted against the decision made last night.

Could be a very pivotal 3s if the race doesn't reach Milan.

Making Milan would be astounding.