Vuelta a España 2020

Vetplant

My wife came home yesterday and said hey your man is leading the Vuelta.

Here I'm waiting for the weekend for it to begin... But nothing wrong with a random Tuesday ????????‍♂️

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was just a cracking start.

Froome [emoji58]

Kuss looking possibly even better than he did at Le tour.

Nice one Dam Martin.

Rogla looks composed and determined , but will he have the form for 3 weeks?

The Vuelta's been like watching 2 by 1 day races. Crazy GC pace for the start of a grand tour.

Watched yesterday's Giro then Vuelta back to back  with a friend who's been out of cycling for about 5 years and hasn't watched any this year and he was just blown away by the pace and all the level of the young riders. Kept asking me all these questions about where they had come from and background and had to tell him most of them were new to me too  :D

Edited by geomark

The Vuelta's been like watching 2 by 1 day races. Crazy GC pace for the start of a grand tour.

Watched yesterday's Giro then Vuelta back to back with a friend who's been out of cycling for about 5 years and hasn't watched any this year and he was just blown away by the pace and all the level of the young riders. Kept asking me all these questions about where they had come from and background and had to tell him most of them were new to me too :D

Yeah the Vuelta seldom eases the riders into it.

Yeah the Vuelta seldom eases the riders into it.

These race directors are having a laugh. Have you seen todays profile!? Its 160kms up uphill! madness

Sorry, only getting on the topic of Froome now.

If you look at it, this year doesnt mean anything to him, he has a rep sheet long enough to get him a contract. ISN hasnt even paid him anything yet and they are already reaping rewards.

These guys are billboards. How much airtime has INEOS and Froome received, because of his comeback and lack of form. How many people looked up ISN because Froome has signed for them.

Media will be all over Froome next year, because he has new kit, a new bike, new team mates. Will he have form, everyone wants top know. They will get enough media out of just this year and next year to justify 4 years pay Cheque.

The fact that he is a hot topic, even here, now, when he drops 8 minutes, proves this.

I have always thought that if you are a sprinter and your team manager takes you aside and tells you that he is including you in the Vuelta squad, he doesn't like you much.....

Too true lol Edited by Gen