Vuelta a España 2020

Vetplant

..is it just me or are we almost tired out from one grand tour to another.. man this is a killer for the fans as well... all these racing puts my life into the gutter! :D

I sure don't want to be the main D.S. at Jumbo, too many options on who to back. I think there is some TDF pay backs that will no doubt be cashed out on this tour which is shorter this year, but man they going to battle oak weather as we head into Nov over there. 

A true test for Froome, no more stories, no more speculation... his got to get a result here or his value will drop. You only as good as your last race buddy! 

Otherwise, going to see the jersey change at least 5 times before this tour wraps up. a lot of talent on show at this years event. Movistar will feel the home pressure to try control things.. going to be a good one. Enjoy Lads!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..is it just me or are we almost tired out from one grand tour to another.. man this is a killer for the fans as well... all these racing puts my life into the gutter! :D

I sure don't want to be the main D.S. at Jumbo, too many options on who to back. I think there is some TDF pay backs that will no doubt be cashed out on this tour which is shorter this year, but man they going to battle oak weather as we head into Nov over there. 

A true test for Froome, no more stories, no more speculation... his got to get a result here or his value will drop. You only as good as your last race buddy! 

Otherwise, going to see the jersey change at least 5 times before this tour wraps up. a lot of talent on show at this years event. Movistar will feel the home pressure to try control things.. going to be a good one. Enjoy Lads!

He is clearly not going to get a result in this race, in fact I wonder whether he is even in a condition to make any meaningful contribution as a domestique for Carapaz.. It was not nice to see a champion rider struggle like he did today, 

If I was ISN I’d be seriously worried about the money I’ve spent on Froome - painful to watch a champ suffer on day 1 - would assume his contract is dependent on hitting some numbers

The commentary team for the Vuelta is seriously dull and rubbish

Looks like Primoz has no intention of leaving anything to chance and plans to have this done and dusted in the first week

If I was ISN I’d be seriously worried about the money I’ve spent on Froome - painful to watch a champ suffer on day 1 - would assume his contract is dependent on hitting some numbers

Looks like Primoz has no intention of leaving anything to chance and plans to have this done and dusted in the first week

Yep, I'm also concerned for ISN. But I also remember when Nadal and Federrer went through a slump, people said they should just retire... but then they came back to dominate once again. Let's give him another year before we call it done. Maybe he got a different package than what he had at Ineos with a smaller "Basic" salary and some Big Victory incentives.... which is then less of a loss for ISN, cause Froome still brings allot of Media interest with him.

On Primoz: I like it that he took initiative yesterday. The TDF slow burn doesn't suit his personality... let the man free to race! Sepp Kuss sitting at only 10s down is a nice safety net, if they can maybe transition him into 2IC in the team and let George Bennet and TomD do the work upfront. They aren't too far back, at 40s and 51s. But still, rather then support Kuss as backup.

Yep, I'm also concerned for ISN. But I also remember when Nadal and Federrer went through a slump, people said they should just retire... but then they came back to dominate once again. Let's give him another year before we call it done. Maybe he got a different package than what he had at Ineos with a smaller "Basic" salary and some Big Victory incentives.... which is then less of a loss for ISN, cause Froome still brings allot of Media interest with him.

On Primoz: I like it that he took initiative yesterday. The TDF slow burn doesn't suit his personality... let the man free to race! Sepp Kuss sitting at only 10s down is a nice safety net, if they can maybe transition him into 2IC in the team and let George Bennet and TomD do the work upfront. They aren't too far back, at 40s and 51s. But still, rather then support Kuss as backup.

On Monday Tommy D said he was going for the win but I think yesterdays pace surprised a few

Completely agree on Froome and hope he makes a return to form so he can end his career with dignity.  Rafa and Roger didn't beat the cr@p out of themselves with a tennis racket breaking every bone in their bodies.

Was just wondering if ISN have some buyers remorse when I read your post.

Froome had already achieved what many riders can't so, I think it would be sad etc say he needs a decent exit game plan. I doubt any team will give him 'time' to ride it off or get better. The peloton is getting smaller, teams are struggling, good riders can't even get contracts and are forced to quit so not sure what his new team are thinking right now? If I was the new squad I'd be worried, you letting good riders go to afford the guy and if he doesn't come good? Then what? ROI?

I wonder if any of his contract value was made dependent on this year's results?

Good point, I think these days the value is determined at a pre set price but if you can't bring A game then you have to suck B grade money... :D

Froome had already achieved what many riders can't so, I think it would be sad etc say he needs a decent exit game plan. I doubt any team will give him 'time' to ride it off or get better. The peloton is getting smaller, teams are struggling, good riders can't even get contracts and are forced to quit so not sure what his new team are thinking right now? If I was the new squad I'd be worried, you letting good riders go to afford the guy and if he doesn't come good? Then what? ROI?

Even a half-baked Froome gets a lot of media attention. Sponsors crave TV time, so it's still a win for ISN, they'll still get a pretty good return on the investment. 2022 will be a different story if he's still under-cooked he'll be yesterday's news.

Spanish commentary here..... :-)

The weather is pretty filthy at the moment - we've had wind and rain in many parts of the country, including where they were yesterday.

According to the local forecast, Saturday when they pass here should be sunny and Sunday could have showers. The weather can change quickly in the mountains though . . . .

Spanish commentary here..... :-)

The weather is pretty filthy at the moment - we've had wind and rain in many parts of the country, including where they were yesterday.

According to the local forecast, Saturday when they pass here should be sunny and Sunday could have showers. The weather can change quickly in the mountains though . . . .

Cheers for that... these mountain stages are going to be wet, going to be a tough Tour.

Here's how Primoz Roglič anticipated the stage at the start: "We’ll see how it goes, I feel good. I did a good stage yesterday, it’s beautiful to be back in red. Today is a new day, a new challenge. It’s very windy so it should be nervous. There’s another beautiful climb in the end and I think we’ll go full gas again.”

Froomedawg just on a social ride back there

In the 4th or 5th group on the road.... He will lose another 10 minutes at least.

Yoh.....