Communication

Andretn

Can someone please recommend a two way communication system for cycling?

Sorry, this is the hub, don’t expect any usefull info.

I guess the racers use some kind of 2 way radio 
It depends a lot on budget , reach, how many participants... 

https://www.welovecycling.com/wide/2018/07/27/communication-in-the-tour-de-france-how-does-it-work/

When riding a stage, most of the riders are equipped with an onboard radio that weighs about 200 grams. In addition, team cars, which are often stuck behind their cyclists, need to be informed if one of their riders has crashed and where and if they are pulling away from the peloton in a breakaway or are riding alone. The race radio gives permission to these vehicles to break out of the procession order and speed up to catch up to the rider who needs assistance. Cars are not allowed to break out of the procession order – which is determined by team standings in the race – unless they are given clearance to do so. This clearance is usually given if a rider is in a breakaway with a lead of at least 1 minute over the peloton or a rider has crashed or is otherwise in need of medical assistance. Coming to the aid of a rider is less of a problem in the plains when the peloton is usually racing over multilane roads. However, it becomes quite difficult during mountain stages, when roads are often narrow and sinuous.

Edited by Brakepad

Can someone please recommend a two way communication system for cycling?

More details please. Between two riders? With support vehicles, etc...

Tried, but until moderators step in and change the culture, nothing will change

Yeah, but when you ask such a vague question you really just asking people to take the piss, as really when I ride with friends we talk and works well so purely based on the question as it was asked, that would be the most logical answer.

Like what is the use case or scenario under which you not within ear shot of the people you are ridding with?

Yeah, but when you ask such a vague question you really just asking people to take the piss, as really when I ride with friends we talk and works well so purely based on the question as it was asked, that would be the most logical answer.

Like what is the use case or scenario under which you not within ear shot of the people you are ridding with?

Except that most threads on here are derailed, and quickly turns to sh!t