Western Cape trails list

PhilipV

Just goes to show how people differ ....

We LOVED Hemel And Aarde trail - before the fire. Have not cycled there since .... part of the magic was the sections in the woods ....

Sure, it aint a black route .... but what a nice natural ride. Far prefer this over the man made obstacles ...

I reckon Herrow Preeze got lost, or is being cynical.

I've ridden H&A, and I'll ride it again. It stays on my list.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show how people differ ....

We LOVED Hemel And Aarde trail - before the fire.  Have not cycled there since .... part of the magic was the sections in the woods ....

Sure, it aint a black route .... but what a nice natural ride.  Far prefer this over the man made obstacles ...

I was there last in August - some bits of landscape were a bit bleak after the fire, but the route is essentially the same.  It'll be interesting to see how the vegetation has bounced back now... Going to be there next week...  :clap:

I agree with you - it is an awesome natural ride!

Hemel en Aarde, Hermanus

http://www.mtbroutes.co.za/hemel-en-aarde-mtb-trails-closest-citytown-hermanus

That web site seems to answer the original question pretty well.

http://mtbroutes.co.za

*Edit: Sorry, I see that Hemel en Aarde was already mentioned under Overberg in the original post.

Not sure if we did some of what is now the route but we did the Babilonstoring MTB ride back in 2005 which started and finished in Hemel and Aarde Village.Tough climbs but awesome views which also featured in an Epic.They dished up perlemoen after the ride

post-523-0-75689500-1578503932_thumb.jpg

We LOVED Hemel And Aarde trail - before the fire. Have not cycled there since .... part of the magic was the sections in the woods ....

Well, Grabouw trails also burned away, same goes for Tokai. If you never ride the reconstructed trails, you may end up without trails here ????‍♂️

Not even close to all of the trails in WC are on trail forks...

Noted...but its a good start

Welvanpas?

Wild Boar has replaced Welvanpas. New venue, some new trails, and some classic old ones.

The Kaap will be Hollands again if we can ride the black trails on the other side of the Bains Kloof pass again, but I think (I stand to be corrected here) that it is only open for races due to trees blowing over all the time after the fires and it was too dangerous to ride?

Noted...but its a good start

Not even close to all of the trails in WC are on trail forks...

Between Strava, Strava heat map and Trailforks you can see if there are trails in an area. I found some nice trails in stilbaai this way.

Trailforks are user generated. So someone needs to take the time to map out the trails and add descriptions, so it is hit and miss in some areas. It is a good tool for trail centers.

Between Strava, Strava heat map and Trailforks you can see if there are trails in an area. I found some nice trails in stilbaai this way.

Trailforks are user generated. So someone needs to take the time to map out the trails and add descriptions, so it is hit and miss in some areas. It is a good tool for trail centers.

I agree, Strava Heatmaps have helped me many times to find rideable trails/roads in a new area! Also helps with staying away from routes with no heat that I thought was rideable but has private access/locked gates etc that Google Maps doesn't seem to pick up.

Your quest: submit your rides to Trailforks.

:whistling:

Haha my post might have come of a bit douchy. I just know PhilipV and knows he uses Trailforks, so if he is asking for more trails I know it's probably because it's not on trailforks already and he wants to add it...

I rode Hemel en Aarde last week, was super disappointed 

wouldnt waste my time riding there its barely an MTB trail 

really, was planning on going there this weekend? what's wrong?

thought with W2W they had been upgrading every year

hermanus-trail-map-2016.jpg

Haha my post might have come of a bit douchy. I just know PhilipV and knows he uses Trailforks, so if he is asking for more trails I know it's probably because it's not on trailforks already and he wants to add it...

:thumbup:  Not douchy at all GM. But if you experienced types can add to Trailforks then morons like me know where to go.  ;)