[Event] 2020 WC XCO SERIES - Event #1

Morne Veer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm .. no chance ....  :whistling:  :ph34r:

SPUR is so popular in the Western Cape they had to SPLIT it !!  Primary schools and high schools are now on different weekends.  :eek:   :clap:

going to be an interesting year to see how the new format plays out.

PS - certainly want to bring Maritz to see what the XCO is about (not to mention that I also have no idea...)

Think your son will enjoy it - it is basically the same format as the Spur Series, but obviously more of a challenge with terrain, inclines, and some fun singletrack.  The nippers and sprogs seems to love it, as do the older toppies.  

The racing element is strong, but we all know the podium only has 3 spots, and once you are happy to compete against yourself and do your best, regardless of the podium, it really is a thrill to take part.  

I am sure your son will have a great time, as the routes as basically the normal routes that the kids would enjoy on any given Sunday - now just taped off and a few more riders around them to keep them pushing themselves.  

Hope to see your son in the chutes on Saturday - more info if required could be gained from the social media pages of WP MTB Commission. 

So does that mean you are entered for the XCO Waldo? 

Yebo, but I wanted to enter the Vets so that I have one less lap to do... turns out I can't... but Johnny told me I can just throw my arms in the air for a victory solute with 1 lap to go and pull off as an alternative.

Yebo, but I wanted to enter the Vets so that I have one less lap to do... turns out I can't... but Johnny told me I can just throw my arms in the air for a victory solute with 1 lap to go and pull off as an alternative.

I wonder if this Bar1 Guy isn't Johnny perhaps?  :ph34r:

Pffft... Only a gold and a silver XCO olympic medalist... what does he know?! 

9 posts...... Pah. Amateur

I dont know what Bart knows but i am very much amateur. Spot on

I dont know what Bart knows but i am very much amateur. Spot on

hahahahaha are YOU entered?

Is your real Name Juan Barone?

hahahahaha are YOU entered?

Is your real Name Juan Barone?

Yes  i'm ready to watch some proper racing unfold in front of me while i make may way around the course.

Nope never heard of her.