[Event] 2020 WC XCO SERIES - Event #1

Morne Veer

Seems some starting ealry might be okay with "fair to warm" temperatures, but the not so young guys and gals, and real racing snakes in elites, will have to put on double layers of sunscreen.

Guess it could have been worse, need I remind anyone of two years back at Rhebokskloof in that lovely 37 degrees ? 

post-17350-0-60102700-1580985561_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I will have an excuse when I blow up from last place on lap 2.... 'The heat was unbearable!'

just check if Milkey is not already claiming that excuse....he always has first dibs in the book of excuses 

just check if Milkey is not already claiming that excuse....he always has first dibs in the book of excuses 

If that does turn out to be the case I will just go with 'The dog ate my fitness'....

If that does turn out to be the case I will just go with 'The dog ate my fitness'....

???????????????????? Classic from the 2 of you ????

Although I make all the excuses in the book ???? be sure that I’m going to leave it all out there on the day. I actually don’t stop for the mushroom cloud, I wait until I crossed the line, my left leg falls off then still have the audacity ask “How did that happen?” ????

Classic from the 2 of you

Although I make all the excuses in the book be sure that I’m going to leave it all out there on the day. I actually don’t stop for the mushroom cloud, I wait until I crossed the line, my left leg falls off then still have the audacity ask “How did that happen?”

I'll be behind you anyway so if that mushroom cloud does go up then I can at least use "visibility" as an excuse

...along with whatever else I can come up with while slogging through the course.

Did a few practice laps yesterday.

It was pretty windy and the gusts nearly took me out on one or two of the jumps.

If the 'pro's like Don and Milky lap at 14 minutes, then we are going to have to go 17 odd a lap to avoid being lapped...

As yesterday was my training, tapering and peaking, that might be a stretch. I will definitely be pushing close the that proverbial mushroom cloud. On that note, isn't there some magical nutrition someone can suggest that supplements Training?!

Edited by Jewbacca

Did a few practice laps yesterday.

It was pretty windy and the gusts nearly took me out on one or two of the jumps.

If the 'pro's like Don and Milky lap at 14 minutes, then we are going to have to go 17 odd a lap to avoid being lapped...

As yesterday was my training, tapering and peaking, that might be a stretch. I will definitely be pushing close the that proverbial mushroom cloud. On that note, isn't there some magical nutrition someone can suggest that supplements raining?!

https://clicks.co.za/brooklax_senna-laxative-chocolate-4-tablets/p/153718

Some sweating up the small climbs ....

post-110956-0-65268300-1581167554_thumb.jpg

While others use the same climb to refuel for the next lap ...

post-110956-0-72631100-1581167576_thumb.jpg

Others making sure they stay well hydrated ....

post-110956-0-02666200-1581167683_thumb.jpg

The ever present back up teams helping their riders ....

post-110956-0-41397100-1581167709_thumb.jpg

And this is what the day was actually about ....

post-110956-0-37742400-1581167752_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-58453900-1581167770_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

Some sweating up the small climbs ....

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-11.jpg

While others use the same climb to refuel for the next lap ...

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-12.jpg

Others making sure they stay well hydrated ....

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-18.jpg

The ever present back up teams helping their riders ....

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-21.jpg

And this is what the day was actually about ....

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-19.jpg

attachicon.gif2020 XCO Bdal-23.jpg

wow daai klippe lyk baie wild op die foto, sou nooit so dink as mense daar oor gaan nie. Daai ou met die cooler het die regte plan gehad vir vandag.

Jy gaan seker volgende jaar vir Maritz inskryf ????????????

Edited by Me rida my bicycle

A long day out and literally just now got off Bloemendal after helping with post day clean up and break down of course etc, it remains brutally hot out there. Big ups to the WP MTB Commission for all their effort and hard work of this week, and for hosting a great day out for all of us - as their partners and sponsors over the last three years, Tygerberg MTB Club, are proud to be associated with them.

Hats of to each one who took part today - a lot of new faces in the young categories, and one or two new ones in the older toppie brigade . Really hope our efforts to get more numbers to the ladies and "mature" categories pays dividends in the future.  

Well done again to each who took part, regardless of positions at the end of their races - it was simply great seeing folk enjoy the thrill of XCO racing. 

Some time left to the 2nd round at Rhebokskloof, which by all accounts will be another scorcher of a day, but hey, Africa is not for sissies  :thumbup:  Now time for some recovery drinks.....and not the protein milky ones   :rolleyes:

O yes, just have to add that it was great having  Allesandra Kellar form Thömus RN Swiss Bike Team taking part. She is  a former junior European and World Champ, silver medalist at the u/23 European Champs, and recent u/23 World Champ.....post race she was full of praise for the course, and although we all know it is not remotely close to UCI World Cup standards, she felt it offered more than enough punchy climbs and fun, yet tricky, single-track. Photo Taken today by Raymond Cox :

post-17350-0-76078400-1581172288_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Captain

Thanks Tygerberg MTB for an awesome event!

I had a lekker race until lap 2 when my front tyre ran out of sealant and then pinch flatted as a result of ever decreasing tyre pressure and sharp rocks everywhere.

Bring on Rheebokskloof...

PS: can you arrange for rain on the 14th March please.