• 3-4 years
    • 5-7 years
    • Older than 7 years

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought mine second had about 4 years ago, so I reckon its about 6 years old. I'll ride it until it either falls apart or I get so old that I decide I need an ebike.

I'm anti consumerism... Mine is a 2007 alu 26er morewood...I just replace the 2:10 xx groupset when I need to.

That said... Cycling moved to a very secondary activity with me 5 years ago

Edited by Stretch

Mine is a 8 years, a GT 29 Zaskar Sport. The group set has upgraded from the FSA 3 speed crank and Shimano M617 to Shimano Deroe M6000, still has the original shock Rockshox XC 32 and the wheel set has been replaced due to cracks on the old ALex rim's. Still going strong and I'm now use for touring, my best tour trip was Mauritius and at the moment bikepacking. Which I custom manufacture bikepacking packs. Each design is tested on my bicycle

Mine is a 8 years, a GT 29 Zaskar Sport. The group set has upgraded from the FSA 3 speed crank and Shimano M617 to Shimano Deroe M6000, still has the original shock Rockshox XC 32 and the wheel set has been replaced due to cracks on the old ALex rim's. Still going strong and I'm now use for touring, my best tour trip was Mauritius and at the moment bikepacking. Which I custom manufacture bikepacking packs. Each design is tested on my bicycle

MAMIL are you looking for an excuse to buy a new bike?  Just go for it.  Think about it later  :thumbup:

that said, I would like to get the new OCHO lefty fork for my Scalpel.  Otherwise I'm still happy with my bike. 

I actually want to get a Trail bike at some stage, but I'll still keep my XCO for when I need some help climbing.

I'd like to say i am anti consumerism but the only reason I'm not pushing PBs down the faircape loop on a new top fuel is about 5 foot 10, blonde and registering for first year at stellenbosch.

MAMIL are you looking for an excuse to buy a new bike? Just go for it. Think about it later :thumbup:

that said, I would like to get the new OCHO lefty fork for my Scalpel. Otherwise I'm still happy with my bike.

I actually want to get a Trail bike at some stage, but I'll still keep my XCO for when I need some help climbing.

2015 Spaz Epic Carbon Comp, 2019 Evil Offering and 2019 Bianchi XR3. Will not be replacing or buying anything new anytime soon as my wife won’t let me live long enough to enjoy it...????

I'd like to say i am anti consumerism but the only reason I'm not pushing PBs down the faircape loop on a new top fuel is about 5 foot 10, blonde and registering for first year at stellenbosch.

i would have thrown a "gap year"  idea in there...   :ph34r:

You probably won't believe it, but mine is a 1989! Its an in-house build by the old Deale & Huth in JHB in reynolds tubing (probably mostly carbon steel) . I worked for them at the time and paid less than a grand for it. Since then its only had tyres (2 sets) and tubes and couple of new bearings and I think I changed some wheel cones a few years back. Chain is still original silver Sedisport. Shimano biopace - the first generation to come out on a MTB. 

Its proper vintage, like the pilot! 

4 Bikes.

Oldest is a 2015 model, newest a 2019 model frame. All of them have parts that are new, parts that are old. I replace frames, wheels, forks, etc., but never sell a complete bike and replace it with another complete bike.

Edit, I lied - there is a number 5. A 2006 Spez Epic Marathon. It's still stock standard except for the tubeless coversion. It lives on the trainer now, but still runs good. I used it on trails until early 2016.

Edited by Grease_Monkey