RRSP of so called "SALE" items

no calves

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tread carefully ....

They (ASG) OFTEN dont have stock when concluding a deal ...

I have twice confirmed stock levels, then drive to Paarl ... to hear they dont actually have stock.

Same happened to friend.

NOTE ... they (bike shops in SA) cant ship any products during the lock down.

Thanks for the heads up. Before lockdown i actually wanted to take a drive to fit on their helmets

Was Looking at the Corsa 2.0 and thats what gave me the final push to start this topic!!!

Don't bother.

After I ordered a Corsa 1.0 on their blow out bib sale for R699 (luna blue), hen I saw Ciovita having the same sale I figured that the chance f me getting what I paid for was slim.

They "Upgraded" me to a black Corsa 2.0 and its really crap. The stitching is rough and scratchy. I absolutely hate the bib.

I won't be falling for any of their "sales" tactics again. Do yourself a favour and hed over to Marzcyces and get yourself an ASSOS TEquipe Evo for R2999-00

Tread carefully ....

They (ASG) OFTEN dont have stock when concluding a deal ...

I have twice confirmed stock levels, then drive to Paarl ... to hear they dont actually have stock.

Same happened to friend.

NOTE ... they (bike shops in SA) cant ship any products during the lock down.

The other culprits.

their stock situation is always murky because they give Takealot first preference. You stand a better chance of getting your goods if ordering through Takelot than ASGstore.

Right now they're having a 50% off sale and I'm willing to bet that they're taking more than one payment on an item so when the 17th comes (assuming lock down is lifted) the first payment against that stock item gets the goods and the rest will be fighting for refunds or instead receiving vouchers to spend against items you don't want.

forgive my negavity but thrice bitten a thousand times shy

The other culprits.

their stock situation is always murky because they give Takealot first preference. You stand a better chance of getting your goods if ordering through Takelot than ASGstore.

Right now they're having a 50% off sale and I'm willing to bet that they're taking more than one payment on an item so when the 17th comes (assuming lock down is lifted) the first payment against that stock item gets the goods and the rest will be fighting for refunds or instead receiving vouchers to spend against items you don't want.

forgive my negavity but thrice bitten a thousand times shy

Do ASG still have "celebrities" advertising their products ... those adverts were always puke worthy! 

Did a recent order at Bike24 again, small stuff, out of pure frustration, and because I had a 'courier; coming here for EPIC. 

However just for your enjoyment, here the prices (all incl German 19% VAT):

1. Entry level platform pedals for my kids:
    • Here RRSP R599, Sale for R499.
    • I paid EUR15.99 (R273) (not much discounted)
  2. A certain waterbottle that I like and that fits into y frame (laughable to ship bottles I know but I'll take the shame...)
    • Here R175, sale R120
    • I paid EUR4.99 (no discount) (R77)
  3. A new bleeding fitting for my bleedkit to fit the new Sram Bleeding Edge fitting
    • Here only original SRAM: R450 
    • Alternative, just the part: EUR13.99 (R238)

I know local shops must survive somehow and I would love to support them, but I simply cannot afford this inflation anymore. It's a pity.

Don't bother.

After I ordered a Corsa 1.0 on their blow out bib sale for R699 (luna blue), hen I saw Ciovita having the same sale I figured that the chance f me getting what I paid for was slim.

They "Upgraded" me to a black Corsa 2.0 and its really crap. The stitching is rough and scratchy. I absolutely hate the bib.

I won't be falling for any of their "sales" tactics again. Do yourself a favour and hed over to Marzcyces and get yourself an ASSOS TEquipe Evo for R2999-00

Thx for this information. CIOVITA was my brand of choice as their Corsa 1.0 was good and well priced... Mind you looking at their latest prices and your comment, I will look somewhere else.

Thx for this information. CIOVITA was my brand of choice as their Corsa 1.0 was good and well priced... Mind you looking at their latest prices and your comment, I will look somewhere else.

Ciovita used to be great value for money, considering its quality. These days, that's just not the case anymore. So sad.

Their bibs is definitely not the same anymore, the quality and workmanship has become bad, had first hand experiences.

Ciovita used to be great value for money, considering its quality. These days, that's just not the case anymore. So sad.

Their goods were good quality and well priced when they started out and were building a customer base. Since they became popular I have found their quality has gone down and pricing up. I have a couple of their bibs that I have bought lately that are really uncomfortable compared to their earlier bibs. Another local supplier that I crossed off my list.

It is the same kit...

Sakho7/ Cyclist in Black and all his other many personalities used to use RH77 I think, but then moved across to Ciovita as it was cheaper.

Again, like the RRP at CWC, not a well hidden fact  :ph34r:

So Ciovita produces the Sako7 kit (makes sense with the new Ciovita kit looking similar to the old Sako7 stuff)?  Found it a bit odd that one their influencers moves between Sako7 and Ciovita.

Better enjoy the specials while you can, with the Rand as it is, cycle stuff is going to skyrocket.

Doesn't matter. Next week/month they'll have a notice on their website claiming price increases due to R/$ exchange and applying it to stock they bought when it was R13 (or less) to the $....

Edited by morneS555

I dont know iff Ciovita makes Sako7..

Im more of opinion that both get their clothes from the same factory in the east... to be fair Sako had a new bib before Ciovita launched their supremo.

Think its the same story as the chinese carbon frames.

Just my opinion though.

On the quality side, had to send 2 bibs back to get the chamois restiched. I also know of a pair of ladies bibs that the stitching is unraveling just above the zip where the shoulder straps attach.

The Bigger problem with the whole inflation of RRSP is that LBSs is following them. When i order something from them they are quick to go check online what these bigger stores retail them for, then make their price on that.

Sucks

Edited by no calves

Their goods were good quality and well priced when they started out and were building a customer base. Since they became popular I have found their quality has gone down and pricing up. I have a couple of their bibs that I have bought lately that are really uncomfortable compared to their earlier bibs. Another local supplier that I crossed off my list.

clearly I’m not used to good bibs.

Bought a Ciovita bib at CTCT expo and could not be happier. The most comfortable bib I’ve ever used.

A lot of people in this boat. It just smacks of arrogance in my eyes. They have always thought they were better than everyone else.

Pretty clear what i think of them. Been burnt by them more than once.

I somehow have never experienced the arrogance part, and if I have ever had an issue I have resolved this with management (Only one issue to date based on a staff member on the shop floor)

Doesn't matter. Next week/month they'll have a notice on their website claiming price increases due to R/$ exchange and applying it to stock they bought when it was R13 (or less) to the $....

That is something I have experienced in "real" LBS's and other non-cycling related stores before.