Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

Right tried to join the ride this morning but went nowhere fast, maybe I shouldn't have waited till 10 mins before the ride to join seeming as its the first time I have tried doing this.

Will test it out on another ride during the day today and hope all goes well and I will be able to join the next one.....

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! Maybe I'm doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't ride at or above my FTP for anything but a few very short bursts ... I notice others seem to easily be able to and keep it up for a while [emoji848]

Thanks guys! Maybe I'm doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't ride at or above my FTP for anything but a few very short bursts ... I notice others seem to easily be able to and keep it up for a while [emoji848]

Do a proper FTP test on the IDT , i have found mine differs from riding outside vs trainer

I don't think Rouvy needs invites? You should be able to go to online races, find the race and join, even after the race has started. Will check, but that is how I have it

Unless you check Password Required. Then it's essentially a closed event, and you can send the pw to your friends you've invited. 

post-63970-0-11216200-1586414025_thumb.png

That route was a lot harder than I anticipated it to be...Thanks everyone who joined.

Agreed! On that climb near the middle, I was thinking I started way too hard.

The route is well edited though, no constant small elevation changes.

Do a proper FTP test on the IDT , i have found mine differs from riding outside vs trainer

Thanks but think I'll just suffer along, was just an interesting observation ... Hopefully just another week!

I had a good suffer session this morning. Started a bit too hard and paid for it. Will get better with time I believe. Time above FTP definitely hammer the legs after a while. These races will keep the fitness up during lockdown. Thanks guys.

I had a good suffer session this morning. Started a bit too hard and paid for it. Will get better with time I believe. Time above FTP definitely hammer the legs after a while. These races will keep the fitness up during lockdown. Thanks guys.

You came from far back. Well done on the effort.

Thanks, to many sharks teeth for me

Looks hard, luckily tomorrow is my run day

I think it looks far more jagged than it really is, due to the profile being squished in a bit.

post-52768-0-99707400-1586530903_thumb.png

For example, the seemingly monstrous climb just before 15km, looks like this when zoomed in:

post-52768-0-77904200-1586530911_thumb.png

It rises just less than 30m in about 1.4km.