Rouvy Online ride / race

SwissVan

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pft. You just want everyone to know you've ridden Alp d'Huez.

Should we not try a race up the Alp d'huez?

Saying that without knowing the distance and gradient 

uuuuuhhhmmmmmm give it a try solo first.... :whistling:

PS: Watch DC rainmakers comparison on youtube between Alp d'zwift and alp d'Huez first. Play close attention to the power numbers.

I'd be keen to give it a bash as a race. delivers a fairly good idea where your FTP is too :)

Edited by DieselnDust

Rouvy needs more rides with 200 to 300 m ascent, more realistic and doable for the average Joes.

Use the search function to filter all routes below 500m of elevation gain.

There are 9 pages of routes that meet the below mentioned criteria - 100 routes:

Too many results. Displayed only 100 routes. Use more detailed parameters for your search filter

post-1372-0-01029900-1586870804_thumb.png

edit: you'll find a few that Surge created - stravart.

Edited by Frosty

Use the search function to filter all routes below 500m of elevation gain.

There are 9 pages of routes that meet the below mentioned criteria - 100 routes:

Too many results. Displayed only 100 routes. Use more detailed parameters for your search filter

attachicon.gifroutes.PNG

edit: you'll find a few that Surge created - stravart.

There's 3 pages (27) Alp d'huez routes just to choose from...

Edited by SwissVan

WHAT???

HEATHEN!

The Alp is the most legendary of legendary climbs.

It's only 13 or 14km but it's at an average gradient of 8.2% so it's damned tough. Anything under 80 minutes is pretty respectable. For referance the fastest recorded race time is 37.35 by Marco Pantani. The fastest non EPO fueled ascent is probably Quintana in 2015 with a 39 something.

Over on Zwift the KOM is some chopper who did it in 28 minutes with an average HR of 106. JA RIGHT!

I've done it on Rouvy and on Zwift and Rouvy felt MMMUCCCHHH harder than Zwift. Yes my trainer difficulty setting is 100%

Edited by Duane_Bosch

There's 3 pages (27) Alp d'huez routes just to choose from...

WHAT???

HEATHEN!

The Alp is the most legendary of legendary climbs.

It's only 13 or 14km but it's at an average gradient of 8.2% so it's damned tough. Anything under 80 minutes is pretty respectable. For referance the fastest recorded race time is 37. something by Marco Pantani.

I've done it on Rouvy and on Zwift and Rouvy felt MMMUCCCHHH harder than Zwift. Yes my trainer difficulty setting is 100%

1 a week for the next 27 weeks  

I'll set them up and watch  :whistling:

I might give it a go some time on my own ... At least if I can't make it I'll just stop. Maybe Thursday afternoon

Alp d'Huez is roughly similar in gradient and length to the climb from Tokai Manor House to the Mast. The Tokai climb is about 1000m longer though so the reduces the average gradient a smidgeon.

Fastest time up the Alp is 37min 30sec, Alberto Contador dropping Pharmstrong like a bad habit in 2010. 

Just btw. Francis Cade did a virtual DOUBLE Everesting on Alpe du Zwift. 17696m 435km. That's around 17 hits on that "hill'.

Edited by Duane_Bosch