Lockdown lessons

hansolo

Riders using speed sensors for power source shouldn't be allowed to race on Zwift. 

That makes so much sense now that you mention it. They are just fooling themselves. Don't know what for. Maybe to get the TRON bike faster, or be quicker to the top to try and collect those Meilensteins...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes so much sense now that you mention it. They are just fooling themselves. Don't know what for. Maybe to get the TRON bike faster, or be quicker to the top to try and collect those Meilensteins...

It's just stupid.

Confession time. I tried to "weight dope" on rouvy. Not in a race. I still kukked off. I still sweated buckets and when I was done I was still in my lounge. I basically finished the imaginary Alp a minute or so quicker than if I had been honest about my weight which kind of defeats the object not so?

I deleted the ride on Rouvy afterwards btw.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

one of the reasons I did not carry on with Zwift.

Using a dumb trainer with only cadence and speed sensors it was way to easy to just leave the resistance low and cruse past everyone.

Its simple. They are Zwats (Zwift Twats), nothing complicated, and you can bet your bottom dollar that each of those little Zwats will have some form of justification for it in their heads. JUST like dopers in real life.

Probably ex golfers, those ones who always managed to score 40 points

Edited by Patchelicious

And you still find riders (friends) posting IDT rides on Strava of 100kms in 2hours - and everyone is kudoing them. Wtf?

Some rode the TransB of 220+kms in 5hrs? Really. Do they really think there is any credibility in such a ride?

And then I sweated the 36one in 16hours with 5250m ascent - I kucked off this weekend. 

Not having a smart trainer is not an excuse you can at least pretend you made some effort.

And you still find riders (friends) posting IDT rides on Strava of 100kms in 2hours - and everyone is kudoing them. Wtf?

Some rode the TransB of 220+kms in 5hrs? Really. Do they really think there is any credibility in such a ride?

And then I sweated the 36one in 16hours with 5250m ascent - I kucked off this weekend. 

Not having a smart trainer is not an excuse you can at least pretend you made some effort.

I hope that profile pic really is your car. 

Riders using speed sensors for power source shouldn't be allowed to race on Zwift. 

If the parameters are correctly set , like weight , wheel size etc, and the correct trainer is selected on setup , and ridden on the correct setting , surely the power algorithm should be accurate ?

I treat Rouvy the same I do Strava ... With a pinch of salt!

Rouvy to keep me entertained and Strava to keep an eye on my one mate whom I've been 'racing' for about 15 years ... Friendly competition and some good natured ribbing guaranteed!

It was.... 

(I hope I'm not bringing up a sad ending :eek: ) but damn, good job, that little guy was the business. I always wanted to drive one

• 2 weeks later...

I treat Rouvy the same I do Strava ... With a pinch of salt!

Rouvy to keep me entertained and Strava to keep an eye on my one mate whom I've been 'racing' for about 15 years ... Friendly competition and some good natured ribbing guaranteed!

WHere is scotty ?