Building Single Speed Wheel

pieterrossouw03

Build with a normal hub and use spacers - much more versatile and easier to sell afterwards

This, but if you use a narrow cog, it may dig into a soft aluminium freewheel as there isn't a cassette to spread the load. Hope make a harder, steel (I think) freewheel which solves the problem, go for that or get a cog with a broad base.

This, but if you use a narrow cog, it may dig into a soft aluminium freewheel as there isn't a cassette to spread the load. Hope make a harder, steel (I think) freewheel which solves the problem, go for that or get a cog with a broad base.

This is a consideration as well. 

Use good quality SS cogs... 

Rapide do a well priced SS wide based cog.

This is a consideration as well. 

Use good quality SS cogs... 

Who/what do you use please?

Rapide do a well priced SS wide based cog.

Who/what do you use please?

I have a veeeery old endless one on at the moment, and some Surly ones in the box of ratios ! 

https://endlessbikes.com/products/anodized-kick-ass-cogs/

the exchange rate is gonna eat us... 

And I need a new front chainring... unobtainium  :thumbdown:

Just use a wide base cog - does no damage to the freehub that i have noticed on my powertap hub - https://www.rapide.co.za/product/rapide-singleminded-cog/