>R1000 ANT+ dongles in the classifieds?!

Schmorglebot

You decide:  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should we:

• call the competition commission and report price gouging
    • Bring back the comments section so we can call the sellers names
    • Import ANT+ dongles from China because we want a piece of this pie
    • Ignore and go back to Zwift

In my case both are required to run Zwift on a dumb trainer idt, ant+ for speed/cadence and bluetooth for the HR, at least that is what I think is happening.

Depends on what devices you have. In my case my trainer transmits BT and Ant+, my HR monitor, speed sensor, and cadence sensor only Ant+. So when I use my laptop for Zwift I only get power because my laptop only sees BT devices.

When I use my phone I see all the other goodies on Ant+, but I select the BT transmission for my trainer because in my experience (with only this one device) the BT signal never drops where the Ant+ signal occassionaly does.

Crazy.

I used my ANT+ from my Garmin 310XT and worked like a bomb.

After I sold my Kickr Core, I gave it away for my friend who wanted to get into indoor training.

Andrew so the Ant+ from XT310 can work?

Tried it on Friday, but could not manage, I am not tech savy.

I have also loaned my 310XT Garmin Ant+ dongle to a friend, so he can use his laptop for Rouvy. The support ticket revealed that Android has a problem, which is why his rides weren’t uploading to his training diary.

I still use my 310XT as a backup unit, mounted on the stem as a head unit, but my 735XT is good enough for this time period.

Depends on what devices you have. In my case my trainer transmits BT and Ant+, my HR monitor, speed sensor, and cadence sensor only Ant+. So when I use my laptop for Zwift I only get power because my laptop only sees BT devices.

When I use my phone I see all the other goodies on Ant+, but I select the BT transmission for my trainer because in my experience (with only this one device) the BT signal never drops where the Ant+ signal occassionaly does.

I'm very new to Zwifting so tried with my phone first but got an overheating message and it closed Zwift.

On the laptop it picked up the HR straight away but needed ant+ for speed/cadence. I must add my speed/cadence is the old magnetic style devices.

I'm very new to Zwifting so tried with my phone first but got an overheating message and it closed Zwift.

On the laptop it picked up the HR straight away but needed ant+ for speed/cadence. I must add my speed/cadence is the old magnetic style devices.

The newer devices all have BT and ANT+, so am guessing your HR device is relatively new. That would be win win. No dongles needed on any device. I guess an even better solution would be for laptops/pc's to come with ANT+ receivers built in.

The newer devices all have BT and ANT+, so am guessing your HR device is relatively new. That would be win win. No dongles needed on any device. I guess an even better solution would be for laptops/pc's to come with ANT+ receivers built in.

High Jack

GM, Can you please help me.

Downloaded Rouvy on my laptop and looking to try with dumb trainer.

I have a Fenix 3, should my heart rate pick up automatically?

Garmin speed and Cadence on back wheel of bike and paired with Fenix 3.

I have my old XT310USB ant stick and downloaded new drives from Garmin and Rouvy and the stick is in the laptob USB port.

Still can`t pick up the heart rate or cadence censor on Rouvy.

High Jack

GM, Can you please help me.

Downloaded Rouvy on my laptop and looking to try with dumb trainer.

I have a Fenix 3, should my heart rate pick up automatically?

Garmin speed and Cadence on back wheel of bike and paired with Fenix 3.

I have my old XT310USB ant stick and downloaded new drives from Garmin and Rouvy and the stick is in the laptob USB port.

Still can`t pick up the heart rate or cadence censor on Rouvy.

If it's an older USB stick it's likely USB1 which Rouvy unfortunately doesn't support anymore. I had the this issue.

https://support.rouvy.com/s/article/Desktop-How-to-connect-via-ANT-Bluetooth-in-Desktop?language=en_US

Important: Rouvy doesn't support ANT+ USB 1 anymore.