Indoor trainers and Blue tooth Devices

Hi all

Looking for advice on reasonably priced indoor trainers and bluetooth devices as I am wanting to connect upto swift. Thank you. Happy freedom Day.????????

what's your budget and you want wheel on or direct drive?

Take a look at the Kickr Snap and Kickr Core

Edited by shaper

Your cheapest option from Tacx will be the Blue Matic or Satori smart. I don't know any other brand.  They are fairly basic but could work. 

cheapest set up for Zwift is a dumb wheel on trainer for about R 1300 + BT speed sensor + BT Cadence Sensor +BT HR strap. 

All in you looking at about R3500-00

Don't forget that a laptop/PC/tablet/phone, capable of pairing the BT sensors listed above, is also required. 

I'm running the setup on my iPhone, and using my Apple Watch for the HR, as the Garmin HRM only transmits via Ant+

cheapest set up for Zwift is a dumb wheel on trainer for about R 1300 + BT speed sensor + BT Cadence Sensor +BT HR strap. 

Or ANT+ speed & cadence  sensors.  (If you already have a Samsung phone / tablet you will be able to use ANT+ to link up with Zwift)

OK ignore that -  in ref to the thread title.

Edited by Pieter-za

Got my setup going with a Trojan spin bike, cheap bluetooth cadence/speed sensor from Sunding and Polar H7 + IPhone X on a bike mount...done some 200km on Zwift in the last week...unfortunately no power meter so limited to 400Watts... Edited by Frantic

Got my setup going with a Trojan spin bike, cheap bluetooth cadence/speed sensor from Sunding and Polar H7 + IPhone X on a bike mount...done some 200km on Zwift in the last week...unfortunately no power meter so limited to 400Watts...

I wouldn't worry to much about the 400 watt limit. I you can maintain that for any length of time, you'll probably be able to find a sponsor....

I wouldn't worry to much about the 400 watt limit. I you can maintain that for any length of time, you'll probably be able to find a sponsor....

I have to add though. Sitting on a dumb trainer doing 300w and then getting on a smart controlled trainer doing 300w is VERY diffirent. When that controller kicks in it feels like your legs are being beaten with a stick

Edited by MTB-More