Bezuidenhoutizak

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, as Gazetted:

Places and premises CLOSED to the public ... These include -

- Public parks, sports grounds and fields ....

NO trails are to be open during Level 4.

Let's enjoy our outings on the tar.  And let's PLEASE not mess it up now .... with any luck trails may open sooner rather than later.

Why? They don't have restrictions on how long or how far from home they can exercise

Had/has to be from your place of residence. 

Sorry guys, as Gazetted:

Places and premises CLOSED to the public ... These include -

- Public parks, sports grounds and fields ....

NO trails are to be open during Level 4.

Let's enjoy our outings on the tar.  And let's PLEASE not mess it up now .... with any luck trails may open sooner rather than later.

Absolutely. If (enough of) you stray outside the rules then you will likely %$#k it up for everyone. 

Yet to find a "cop" here that understands how to work a phone GPS nevermind Strava

You will be surprised . Don`t compare your local "van driver"  to every cop you see. There`s a reason SA prisons is 150% over crowded. There is more than a enough clever okes out there that can figure out the " complex" working of strava. Btw cyclist transgressing the DMA is not a priority, there is more serious things to do. Unless you are caught 50km from home at 13:00 midday there is nothing to worry about. 

Just received this... 

"Hi Ben, thanks for your query. 

Sadly Table Mountain, as well as the beaches amongst various other facilities, will remain closed during level 4 lockdown. The word came from the top so it’s simply out of Sanparks’ hands. Other places that may provide some interim relief for your legs include the greenbelts and a few other spots around Cape Town namely; 

“...public thoroughfares across the city will be open for those residents who want to run, jog, cycle or walk within a 5 km radius from their homes between 06:00 and 09:00. 

These include spaces such as:
• Sea Point promenade (the paved area, and not the grass, or play area)
• Muizenberg to St James walkway
• Strand promenade
• Willis Walk in Simon’s Town
• Kommetjie walkway to lighthouse
• Government Avenue next to the Company’s Garden; and 
• all other publicly accessible boardwalks or pathways

We have posted this info to Facebook and twitter and will continue to keep the public up to date with any developments. - https://bit.ly/2WiLl6q"

Now I'm confused. 

Just received this... 

"Hi Ben, thanks for your query. 

Sadly Table Mountain, as well as the beaches amongst various other facilities, will remain closed during level 4 lockdown. The word came from the top so it’s simply out of Sanparks’ hands. Other places that may provide some interim relief for your legs include the greenbelts and a few other spots around Cape Town namely; 

“...public thoroughfares across the city will be open for those residents who want to run, jog, cycle or walk within a 5 km radius from their homes between 06:00 and 09:00. 

These include spaces such as:• Sea Point promenade (the paved area, and not the grass, or play area)• Muizenberg to St James walkway• Strand promenade• Willis Walk in Simon’s Town• Kommetjie walkway to lighthouse• Government Avenue next to the Company’s Garden; and • all other publicly accessible boardwalks or pathways

We have posted this info to Facebook and twitter and will continue to keep the public up to date with any developments. - https://bit.ly/2WiLl6q"

Now I'm confused.

The greenbelt is CoCT and not part of sanparks or tmnp. Reserves that would be closed would be

FALSE Bay coastal reserve

table Mountain national Park

kirstenbosch botanical Gardens

Cape Nature facilities.

Silver mine and tokai are tmnp and therfore sanparks. So out of bounds.

Green belts are fine. Unless CoCT specifically says its closed.

haven't seen that yet

The greenbelt is CoCT and not part of sanparks or tmnp. Reserves that would be closed would be

FALSE Bay coastal reserve

table Mountain national Park

kirstenbosch botanical Gardens

Cape Nature facilities.

Silver mine and tokai are tmnp and therfore sanparks. So out of bounds.

Green belts are fine. Unless CoCT specifically says its closed.

haven't seen that yet

Green Belts open but the grass at seapoint prom' grass is out of bounds.... but that is waaaaay out of my 5km ring. 

I was confused as there was much coverage about city parks and public spaces would be shut etc