1May MTB exercise good to go...?

Bezuidenhoutizak

Does that include the greenbelt?

However i suppose that would be like peak hour with dogs and humans and plenty of doggy landmines that some owners seem to be allergic to picking up.

Greenbelt does not fall on Sanparks land. Lower Tokai and Cork trees does though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5km, 10 km, 20 km. Not entirely sure the cops will check your Strava and home beacon locations. I suppose dont try ride around the cradle or do the Sani2C, otherwise i am very keen to see what the roads look like tomorrow at 8:00.

In the UK and NZ there was news that you're Strava activities during lock down could end up in fines...don't know if it applies to us as well

Just to clarify, do we need to wear a face mask while cycling as well? If we have to, a buff will probably be the best bet?

If you're riding on your own property, no.

If you're riding in a public place, yes.

Unless less than 10km is also less than 5km, why would you?

If it was 8.5km radius, I'd be VERY happy but I suppose one should take what we've got rather than what we want?

Then must we accept the incompetent ANC government (what we got) or continue to try and vote them out (what we want)?

In the UK and NZ there was news that you're Strava activities during lock down could end up in fines...don't know if it applies to us as well

Why? They don't have restrictions on how long or how far from home they can exercise

Here is a novel idea guys - don't post your rides on Strava. I am not condoning the breaking or bending of rules. BUT... if you are doing a 100km zig zag ride in your 5km radius just keep your ride on private and let's not give the Karen's of the world something to complain about.

Why? They don't have restrictions on how long or how far from home they can exercise

They did. My mate in Auckland said exercise only close to home. I don't know if they had a specific distance to define 'close'.

5km, 10 km, 20 km. Not entirely sure the cops will check your Strava and home beacon locations. I suppose dont try ride around the cradle or do the Sani2C, otherwise i am very keen to see what the roads look like tomorrow at 8:00.

not everybody rides with a Garmin type thingy. I don't.

Yet to find a "cop" here that understands how to work a phone GPS nevermind Strava

Yet to find a "cop" here that understands how to work a phone GPS nevermind Strava

Yes, but there are most definitely digital curtain-twitchers who will gladly bring it to the attention of said authorities...

Alas I can only get approx 15km of the cradle in my area. Better than nowt!

Isn't that one of the functions of a democracy?

Then must we accept the incompetent ANC government (what we got) or continue to try and vote them out (what we want)?

They did. My mate in Auckland said exercise only close to home. I don't know if they had a specific distance to define 'close'.

was a guideline, not written into law