Review: 2021 Specialized S-Works Epic

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) costs seem high due to poor governance in SA rand like Zim toilet paper.

2) Ride a 2019-2020 Epic S-works and any non believers will be eating there words. The Brian is dream technology.

3) How different is a Sworks to other top end bikes only you can understand that if you ride both - the sworks is such a leap and jump forward it’s kind of like a unfair advantage.

4)If you ever seen the Sworks build stripped done it’s immediately evident to the fine detail that goes into making this a super fast race machine. Small things eg - Like threaded brass insets and titanium screws and bolts Ect.

yoh, I must get one

Firstly I want this Brian technology, secondly I can stop taking EPO and just use the bike as my unfair advantage

Basically it's a money saver and my doctor is over selling me blood bags anyway

Says she needs them for this fake Covid19 mallarkey

anyway Donald is great, the world is just and wonderful, happy friday

I'm a Pinetown boy. I have low standards, but high expectations. 

Ha - Pinetown the Finetown . I slept outside the hotel there one night in the army after a big night when I couldn't get a lift back to the base on the bluff. I think it was called the Imperial hotel. 

pfffft..... I am classy AF!

It lets you in because it knows you don't care about its diesel and oil habit. So what if the old girl dribbles a bit, she's still got that sass!

It just repels anything that's remotely pompous and over-justified. 

Ha - Pinetown the Finetown . I slept outside the hotel there one night in the army after a big night when I couldn't get a lift back to the base on the bluff. I think it was called the Imperial hotel. 

Bahahahahahahahaha!!! Foook, that place WAS good-ish, back in the day. Back when the OK Bazaar and the cinemas were still in Hill Street and it wasn't a cesspit of vagrancy, drugs and taxis, though, it had started to get a bit roffies. Before my time, though, so I'm going on reports from my elders. I just witnessed the wholesale decline of that end of Pinetown over about a 10 year period. Started going down about when Sanlam Centre came online, if I remember correctly. 

Bahahahahahahahaha!!! Foook, that place WAS good-ish, back in the day. Back when the OK Bazaar and the cinemas were still in Hill Street and it wasn't a cesspit of vagrancy, drugs and taxis, though, it had started to get a bit roffies. Before my time, though, so I'm going on reports from my elders. I just witnessed the wholesale decline of that end of Pinetown over about a 10 year period. Started going down about when Sanlam Centre came online, if I remember correctly. 

I went there a few times too - guys were tough and scary but the girls were very friendly. (and tough and scary)

Beers were cheap

I went there a few times too - guys were tough and scary but the girls were very friendly. (and tough and scary)

Beers were cheap

Yeah, I heard so. That crowd moved slowly eastwards more towards Sarnia, Malvern, Northdene etc, from what I understand. 

Back in 2000 it was Pub With No Name that was my local. 

I'll be one of those elders then. Went to primary school at Gelofte and used to walk to Hill street after school where my mom was working at a clinic.

Always stopped to browse at RBS Yamaha on the way and even bought my first Meccano at Reggies in Hill street.

I go there often for work now and I'm afraid to drive that area.

Edited by Showtime

I'll be one of those elders then. Went to primary school at Gelofte and used to walk to Hill street after school where my mom was working at a clinic.

Always stopped to browse at RBS Yamaha on the way and even bought my first Meccano at Reggies in Hill street.

I go there often for work now and I'm afraid to drive that area.

YESSSSS

RBS was a drool-factory for me, as was Gasoline Alley, where Thundersport and Ducati were based. 

Berea West Pre Primary, Sarnia Primary, Pinetown Boys High, Thomas More College for standard 9 & 10. 

I also wouldn't walk down there anymore, but I used to and have before with cash on me. Leigh's cycle centre was where I got my bicycle fix, when it was still in Pinetown. 

I used to work at the Hill Street Standard Bank in the early 2000's. That was on the upper end, which was still okay. That sports goods store (allsports?) was in the middle in one of those huts. 

Now, gone. Everything changed. Gov't just completely ignored the area, and it fell into disrepair and chaos after businesses started moving out. If it'd been maintained as it was in the 90's, it would have been a rad little place. 

You learn a lot about somebody when they tell you that they are from Pinetown.

The capital of Fk It Hold My Beer. Also the capital of Do It Your Fkn Self, instead of "call a trades-person" to fix everything incl lightbulbs. 

The capital of Fk It Hold My Beer. Also the capital of Do It Your Fkn Self, instead of "call a trades-person" to fix everything incl lightbulbs.

Lots of beer cans lying around and flickering street lights, sounds about right.

Lots of beer cans lying around and flickering street lights, sounds about right.

Now, ja. It's like going to another world, now, when I go up there. I've said it before, if Durbs was run like how CT is, despite all CT's problems, Durbs would be BOOMING. That coastline is ripe for development and tourism. It's just sad that the powers that be just don't care.