Review: 2021 Specialized S-Works Epic

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the brand or not. Like the price or not. This thread has 160 comments before me. 57 on the EVO.

Cannondale Scalpel 43

Trek Supercaliber 15 (at the time of this post)

Those carry equally crazy prices.

My take. This brand has alot more brand presence than any other in SA. And they get traction like no other.

Traction provided from Fanboys and Trolls alike. They all click. I think the marketing guys in the S’Bosch offices go “mission accomplished!”

1) costs seem high due to poor governance in SA rand like Zim toilet paper.

2) Ride a 2019-2020 Epic S-works and any non believers will be eating there words. The Brian is dream technology.

3) How different is a Sworks to other top end bikes only you can understand that if you ride both - the sworks is such a leap and jump forward it’s kind of like a unfair advantage.

4)If you ever seen the Sworks build stripped done it’s immediately evident to the fine detail that goes into making this a super fast race machine. Small things eg - Like threaded brass insets and titanium screws and bolts Ect.

1) costs seem high due to poor governance in SA rand like Zim toilet paper.

2) Ride a 2019-2020 Epic S-works and any non believers will be eating there words. The Brian is dream technology.

3) How different is a Sworks to other top end bikes only you can understand that if you ride both - the sworks is such a leap and jump forward it’s kind of like a unfair advantage.

4)If you ever seen the Sworks build stripped done it’s immediately evident to the fine detail that goes into making this a super fast race machine. Small things eg - Like threaded brass insets and titanium screws and bolts Ect.

yeah, sure, okay. 

If seeing an over weight middle aged guy riding an Sworks Epic triggers you, you need to get over yourselves cupcakes, happy Friday.

hahahaha me on an S-works!

Range topping models and products are expensive. Not sure why so many think that it should be affordable to the masses. Ok, maybe I do know why but I certainly don't want to open that can of worms here. 

Fact is that the ZAR is more of a factor in the pricing, for SA at least, than the increase in USD. Compliments of the Absolutely No Consequence crew. 

At £10,400 it is pretty eye watering here as well. Coincidentally, the KTM argument applies here as well, even more so I suspect, having been perving over KTM's online yesterday.