Vye Cycling

Chris_

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Their speed suits are really nice too and we’ll priced 

I tried on their short finger gloves at the CTCT expo, easily the most comfortable gloves I've tried on.

Have added to my cart and will purchase a pair when funds allow.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I tried on their short finger gloves at the CTCT expo, easily the most comfortable gloves I've tried on.

Have added to my cart and will purchase a pair when funds allow.

Funny this, looked at them and added them in my cart the week before Tour de Cap. Never managed to go around to fit and collect. 

Ended up at TdC without them. Roasted my hands proper in a fall.

Promised myself never to race without gloves again.

IMG-20230303-WA0013.jpg

Edited by babse

6 minutes ago, babse said:

Funny this, looked at them and added them in my cart the week before Tour de Cap. Never managed to go around to fit and collect. 

IMG-20230303-WA0013.jpg

ouch.

I actually really like riding without gloves, my bars are double wrapped but even when on the hoods i feel more connected and dont get tingly hands.

But all the short finger gloves I have are the cheaper ones with gel inserts. These inserts tend to be on the hard side, what I really liked about the Vye ones was the inserts were the same material used to make the padding in their bibs, which is nice and soft.

Like my mate pointed out, 1 pair of good quality Vye gloves is similarly priced to 2 pairs of cheapish gloves, and they will probably last longer than the cheap gloves.

11 minutes ago, babse said:

IMG-20230303-WA0013.jpg

Hell that looks another level beyond eina!!

26 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Hell that looks another level beyond eina!!

I take it he hasn't shown you his elbow. He gifted me with a pic of his elbow and Amy's biceps the same day. I'm seeing a shrink for PTSD since 😭

4 hours ago, Mattman said:

I know this is a couple of years down the line, but wanted to give some feedback on Vye shirts (cycling jerseys) since I would have found it very beneficial before buying. 

Im in JHB so couldnt try the jerseys on before buying. As a benchmark, I usually wear a L in Ciovita Sport Fit and prefer XL in Ciovita Race Fit. I was advised by Vye to rather size up if uncertain, so I went with an XL - I can hardly breathe in the jersey, and it seems to be made for shorter riders as it doesnt cover my stomach when I have bibs on 🤨 

The jersey looks great and the material feels good, so I am not bashing Vye at all but it is honestly not very usable. I am also hesitant to size up further since the "crop top" look may not be fixed by going XXL. It is disappointing because I would definitely buy more of the jerseys if the sizing was more accommodating. 

For reference, I am 187cm and 89kg. Weight is evenly distributed and more "athletic" - around 8% body fat. It seems Vye cater for the more "typical" rider (shorter with very little upper body).  

Has anyone else had a similar experience with their jerseys??

If you haven't already, please drop Ian (sales & marketing manager) an email.
sales@vye.co.za

8% body fat is shredded and regarded by most as unhealthy and unsustainable. 

I am not surprised things fit awkwardly.  I would guess that very little sport or activity specific clothing fits you well.

As an aside, I am 1.74cm short, 73kg and wear a Large Vye shirt (squeeze into a M for race day but it's toit like a toiger) and wear a Small in golf shirts. Some ar baggy. 

Sport generally has to cater for it's median and outliers tend to struggle with sizing. As mentioned before, as an outlier, you are likely doomed to have to try before you buy or play the 'does it fit' lottery.

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

I take it he hasn't shown you his elbow. He gifted me with a pic of his elbow and Amy's biceps the same day. I'm seeing a shrink for PTSD since 😭

Week4 and progress is signicant.

Soon soon I should be able to grip on my MTB bars (might end up with carbon splints if I try hold my road bar) 😀

10 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

When I bought my Mirage bibs from them a few years back they were very accommodating with regards to exchanging the size I bought for a bigger size.

Did you contact them when you discovered the jersey was to short ?

Yeah I gave them a call mid December and they were definitely willing to assist and exchange - I would have to cover the cost of the courier though they of shipping up to JHB. I was down in CT then but they closed for the festive period just before I got there, unfortunately. I’m hesitant to ask for a bigger size to be sent up without trying it on first though…

6 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

8% body fat is shredded and regarded by most as unhealthy and unsustainable. 

I am not surprised things fit awkwardly.  I would guess that very little sport or activity specific clothing fits you well.

As an aside, I am 1.74cm short, 73kg and wear a Large Vye shirt (squeeze into a M for race day but it's toit like a toiger) and wear a Small in golf shirts. Some ar baggy. 

Sport generally has to cater for it's median and outliers tend to struggle with sizing. As mentioned before, as an outlier, you are likely doomed to have to try before you buy or play the 'does it fit' lottery.

So based on your sizing in Vye shirts, safe to say it supports the notion that they run slightly small? Of course there will be exceptions based on shirt type etc

To be honest, I haven’t really struggled with jersey sizing with any other brands, so perhaps Vye is just slightly more inclined to catering for the median (or is less forgiving for the “outliers”). I mean, even the socks I bought from Vye are tighter than other brands 😅

Again, want to make it clear that I think they have a good quality product. Could there be better guidance on sizing? Probably. Threads like this will hopefully also help for those going big next Black Friday…

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 4:05 PM, babse said:

Week4 and progress is signicant.

Soon soon I should be able to grip on my MTB bars (might end up with carbon splints if I try hold my road bar) 😀

When did you smash your elbow???!

• 1 year later...

So it finally happened. Just short of 4 years of near daily use and the dreaded see through crack has appeared.

Discovered as I was hanging them on the line on sunday. 

Luckily I've been doing most of my riding in the dark the last few months, my apologies to anyone that has been scarred by my indecent exposure.

The chamois, whilst still intact, was looking a feeling a little compressed, the silicone dots on the legs came off right in the beginning, but I never had a problem with the legs turning up or moving. Over all they were a great pair of bibs.

I'll have to create a bibs savings pot to build up some funds and get the new Mirage 2 at some stage, for now the cheapo Wattz bibs will have to do duty.