Streaming options

awesme

Hi all.

want to try and configure so long a working streaming option so that I can watch TdF.

I use a AppleTV as my primary connection to my TV.

Also have iPad's where I can install a app, and I guess a VPN tool.

Whats everyone doing.

G

Also as a user of Apple products only, you can stream 3rd party apps if you have an Apple TV 3rd generation or newer.  Or at worst, run on iPad and Airplay to your TV.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Gimme a sports only package and I'll happily hand over a reasonable amount of money. 

Yep. I heard the latest DSTV advert over the radio. Something along the lines of:

"You get Movies... Series... Sport.... Documentaries... Kids programming... news.... AAAA.... BBBB.... CCCC.... DDDD"

But I don't want all that. They want to force you to buy all that content if all you want is Sport...? That isn't going to fly, especially if you are going to bill close to double what my uncapped Fibre Line is costing me.

Dedicated Sport Streaming services and VPN is the answer. And for Springbok Rugby, we'll go braai at the in-laws... :)

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

Gimme a sports only package and I'll happily hand over a reasonable amount of money. 

This horse is so long gone, but here we are still flogging it.

DSTV have answered this question so many times over the years. A feasible pricing option for sports only packages would only result in about a 10% discount from the full package. It doesn't even make sense to offer it. DSTV premium is (virtually) a sport only package with a whole bunch of other (mostly unwanted) things for free.

18 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

This horse is so long gone, but here we are still flogging it.

DSTV have answered this question so many times over the years. A feasible pricing option for sports only packages would only result in about a 10% discount from the full package. It doesn't even make sense to offer it. DSTV premium is (virtually) a sport only package with a whole bunch of other (mostly unwanted) things for free.

well, it looks like they'll end up losing 90% of their subscribers.