New aerodynamic Specialized Tarmac SL7 brings an end to the Venge

News bot

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what I'm playing with today....the SL7 is really pretty in Blue Tint Over Spectraflair/Brushed Chrome. Really subtle until you put it in the sun then it's all glitter and rainbows :-)

Beautiful colour there. How hard is it to work with the hidden cables and new stem?

Beautiful colour there. How hard is it to work with the hidden cables and new stem?

Not too bad - they're what I call semi exposed. They exit the frame through holes in a plate around the stem then get clamped under the stem on their way to the bars.

Us fitters love these semi integrated solutions. Monocoque barstems  and totally integrated cabling suck :-)

post-2412-0-64710200-1597745844_thumb.jpg

post-2412-0-59906400-1597745855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eldron

Look what I'm playing with today....the SL7 is really pretty in Blue Tint Over Spectraflair/Brushed Chrome. Really subtle until you put it in the sun then it's all glitter and rainbows :-)

Very pretty. I am also trying to workout if you in your kitchen or workshop? Either way I wish my kitchen had a tool board like that or my workshop had an oven like that.

Very pretty. I am also trying to workout if you in your kitchen or workshop? Either way I wish my kitchen had a tool board like that or my workshop had an oven like that.

My shop is a rezoned apartment so it has a full kitchen (refreshment area and workshop), a full bathroom (bike wash area) a large bedroom/lounge (fitting studio) and it is situated on a really nice square with trees, benches and tables (chill zone).

My shop is a rezoned apartment so it has a full kitchen (refreshment area and workshop), a full bathroom (bike wash area) a large bedroom/lounge (fitting studio) and it is situated on a really nice square with trees, benches and tables (chill zone).

Sounds lousy, feel sorry for you. My shop is situated at an airport(silent zone since March).

Not too bad - they're what I call semi exposed. They exit the frame through holes in a plate around the stem then get clamped under the stem on their way to the bars.

Us fitters love these semi integrated solutions. Monocoque barstems  and totally integrated cabling suck :-)

having recabled my Madone SLR i can confirm its a hack.

but it worth it. the bike looks far far sexier with all the cables hidden