New Merida Big.Trail targets fun-packed hardtail trail riding

News bot

Nowadays we often associated trail and mountain biking fun with more and sophisticated full suspension travel as modern full suspension bikes become not just more capable on the way down but also easier to pedal and more efficient on the way up.

Click here to view the article

Seems like a ripper! Interested in pricing and how many shops will actually stock them, especially in GP, as it isn't a 100mm dual sus XC "racing bike". 

The forest green is gorgeous but the red accents make it look like a christmas tree.

looks like a lot of fun that could hide under the Christmas tree for weeks before the wifes NeBiDar finds it.... :)

looks like a lot of fun that could hide under the Christmas tree for weeks before the wifes NeBiDar finds it.... :)

*now Bike Market

Can't wait for my youngest to grow so that she can take my Merida over from me, that'll be my only chance of getting a new Merida. [emoji3060]

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! But I as good as these aggressive hardtails look, when they're made out of alu the ride from the rear end is just too harsh IMO. Make them out of steel with all the springiness and forgiveness to overcome what you're putting the front end through and I'll be their biggest fan (Same goes fro the Silverback Slade and the Commencel Meta Hardtail.)

Nice! But I as good as these aggressive hardtails look, when they're made out of alu the ride from the rear end is just too harsh IMO. Make them out of steel with all the springiness and forgiveness to overcome what you're putting the front end through and I'll be their biggest fan (Same goes fro the Silverback Slade and the Commencel Meta Hardtail.)

While I agree re the steel, I think the cost factor comes into play.

Maybe not the Commencal, but the slade and the Merida come in at pretty low price points as a great 'Intro' to rowdy hardtails as opposed to noobs buying an equivalent XCO bike as has always been the case.

Those who love the experience and get hooked will likely up grade to a more bespoke steel brand in the long run as that seems to be the 'Niche' experience. Even a company like Ragley makes a steel version and an Alu version of the exact same frames to suit price points.

• 1 month later...

Im loving it. Will have to find a way to motivate a new bike purhase with the missus as soon as they get launched locally

I've said today for the 3rd or 4th or was it the 20th time that I can't wait for my daughter to grow tall enough so that I can pass on my current size M Merida TFS900 29er to her for me to have an excuse to buy myself a new bike. [emoji1787]