Stolen: Soma Valhallen 2018 (Cape Town)

MORNE

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

update: it's not friday yet....we have a lead.

security company were informed by a ground informant about a guy trying to offload a silver bike that he 'acquired' on saturday. They claim to know who he is and where he lives. He is apparently a known bike thief in the area. I have provided them more info.

please hold them thumbs!!!

Please can some company make a device that we can remotely activate with a battery in the seat tube and two brass nodes in the saddle, so that we can fry those mofos balls once they leave with our bikes ?

They do, its more polymer and steel, carries some brass, also stops them dead. 

UPDATE:

so they caught another guy I initially thought to not have anything to do with it. He was walking in the vicinity of the guy who attacked me but didn't partake (or help now that i think about it) in the 'festivities'...we naturally (by deduction...right or wrong) asked him where his buddy was going afterwards and he refuted at the time that the guy was his buddy and he had nothin to do with what just happened. We believed him...

well it turns out he did know something (also apparently an old skelm)....he's blabbing out the whole story to the security company at the moment.

i just want my fn bike back though :cursing:  :cursing:

Edited by morneS555

Update:

the one they caught corroborated the whole story. they did know each other. They were on their way to go to a stash of stolen syuff next to the road in the field there when i passed them and the other guy stormed me. they had cash on them. they sold my bike to a guy who owns a woodworking shop in dunoon...they are heading there now.

edit: they handed him over to the coppers.

Edited by morneS555

Update:

the one they caught corroborated the whole story. they did know each other. They were on their way to go to a stash of stolen syuff next to the road in the field there when i passed them and the other guy stormed me. they had cash on them. they sold my bike to a guy who owns a woodworking shop in dunoon...they are heading there now.

Flipping awesome ... what was the security co. that helped you please?

Update:

and.....please say your bike is at that woodshop

The wood shop guy who bought it... yoh!

Given that it was a fully rigid with a Carbon Carver fork and a month long holiday's worth of packing space with those bags, the wood shop buy must have certainly paid too much for the bike :P

Flipping awesome ... what was the security co. that helped you please?

green platoon Security - Adrian (he's been awesome so far) still ongoing but it seems things are gaining traction.

Edited by morneS555

green platoon Security - Adrian (he's been awesome so far) still ongoing but it seems things are gaining traction.

holding thumbs Morne!

update:

lol...so this **** is like a movie currently.

the first guy apprehended  jumped from the car on the way to dunoon and was chased all the way to the n7..intercepted by metro cops and taken to tableview police station now. the inspector on my case needs to get there now apparently. They have forwarded me photos of both...i won't post them here....but the mugshot photo of the guy who's buddy just ratted him out all but confirms it was him. i was unsure about the the pic of the first guy but he gave himself away by knowing the story.

When i got the photo of the alledged attacker....I almost puked. Funny how your sub conscience remembers the details. Just his eyes also. 

i'll keep updating as i get info.

When i got the photo of the alledged attacker....I almost puked. Funny how your sub conscience remembers the details. Just his eyes also. 

My sub conscience sucks then, when I had to ID my attacker I had no idea... I was more looking at the knife than his face though. Hope you find you bike and that the thief gets some love in prison