Sometimes drivers are just trying to do the right thing

The Ouzo

We have only had retarded drivers lately in Cape Town, must be not driving in lock down. Driver cutting through 2 lanes of traffic in cirlce in greenpoint, not looking for bikes or cars, whole round about comes to a stop as Mr Audi has woken up too late he is in the wrong lane.

We have only had retarded drivers lately in Cape Town, must be not driving in lock down. Driver cutting through 2 lanes of traffic in cirlce in greenpoint, not looking for bikes or cars, whole round about comes to a stop as Mr Audi has woken up too late he is in the wrong lane.

They've always been retarded, you just noticing it more now.

saw a guy go over a pedestrian walk way in a parking lot yesterday and not look left. he almost took out a little kid on his bicycle. The guy drove away and didn't even realize what he did. 

commuting with the bike 3 to 4 times a week, I realised very quickly when I get in my car other cars irritate me much more than when I'm on the bike. 

from my observations, there are as many retarded cyclists as there are motorists. Hence my assumption that people, in general, are fkkn retarded.

lately I have found drivers in Hout Bay to be quite courteous in Empire Drive.

Still plenty of numb nuts driving on the wrong side of the road up Chappies from Noordhoek side 

Still plenty of numb nuts driving on the wrong side of the road up Chappies from Noordhoek side 

ha ha, we found a car parked on the circle in Hout Bay last weekend. ha ha They had no clue.

from my observations, there are as many retarded cyclists as there are motorists. Hence my assumption that people, in general, are fkkn retarded.

I am more scared of a monkey with Machine gun than a monkey with a BB gun.

hahaha This morning it was still darkish on our chappies descent into Noordhoek and I encountered couple of these. 

It is more scary down the Nek into Hout Bay though... The cars coming up are often half a car width over the line up the 'racing' line.

Either way, the early morning rides have been majestic lately and the days are getting lighter noticeably earlier.

Despite my legs being somewhat less than ideal after having a forced 'too much zwift' blowout layoff after lockdown, the enjoyment factor is back.

Also, I will fully admit to occasionally going through the red light at the chappies/Ou kaapse intersection. I mean, I stop, I look, I have tea, I slow cook some curry, it's still red with no cars in sight so I go. 

I know it's wrong. Sorry

Here in Tshwane  double cab bakkies are worst than the Taxi,s .Especially those Raptor driving idiots .If they are in the building industry they seem to be on their phones permanently 

Glad you're pointing out the obvious...if you drive a raptor, or a Ford for that matter, you're an idiot... :ph34r:   :whistling:

ha ha, we found a car parked on the circle in Hout Bay last weekend. ha ha They had no clue.

Which circle? The one outside Sao Paulo usually has a car or taxi unintentionally parked on it.

Then the one in Victoria rd usually has reshaped 4x4 or german sedan having a nap after a hard evening at the harbour :)

I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Toyota, just saying.

To another members post (think it was Pure Savage), South Africans don't know how to drive through roundabouts/traffic circles, full stop.

Ouzo, your initial post had good intentions. Good on you. Glass houses my friend, that's all i have to say... :)

Glad you're pointing out the obvious...if you drive a raptor, or a Ford for that matter, you're an idiot... :ph34r:   :whistling:

To another members post (think it was Pure Savage), South Africans don't know how to drive through roundabouts/traffic circles, full stop.

Ouzo, your initial post had good intentions. Good on you. Glass houses my friend, that's all i have to say... :)

I drive a 4x4 DC too, so just taking the mickey. Folks who moan about bakkies have just not driven one yet. But ja, I'd go Ford over 'Yota any day of the week.

takes a big man to admit to driving a Ford..... :eek: 

Might as well use this thread. Driving down William Nicol 10 mins ago on my bike (motorbike) and the car in front of me slams brakes (and I mean slam, its rare I feel my ABS kick in), never mind they're in the far right lane...stops dead, to buy a drink from the side of the road. 

Somethings happened in Joburg the last couple months. Driving here has gotten badly out of hand. 

Somethings happened in Joburg the last couple months. Driving here has gotten badly out of hand. 

You said it. Since the corona crackdown, motorists seem to have decided that they will no longer follow the most basic traffic laws. It's a nightmare out there.

@Robbie, Its only a Bantam... but its mine and not the bank’s ????

takes a big man to admit to driving a Ford..... :eek:

Edited by gemmerbal