MTB Baggies

Bjorn881

A pair of cut off skinny jeans... Unfortunately Mtb shorts have become incredibly expensive. The new 2021 range is even crazier where shorts alone (without an inner) is R3k already for the nice stuff.

Holy cr@p 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently started riding baggies / trail shirt (Budget Trail Thread is mine), specifically for some more protection as I'm orienting more and more to the trail side of riding and as a result toppling over a bit more. Baggies definitely give you some more abrasion resistance than just lycra.

What I have found though is that I'm missing the mass storage space of my lycra shirts. I eat and drink a lot while riding and do a 3-5 hour jaunt every weekend, so I carry the majority of our pantry with me along with multitool, patch/plug kit and tyre levers.

Pretty easily remedied by finding some alternative space for tools on my bike and stopping mid-ride for a fuel up.

Still stick to lycra for roadie group rides in the week, although I think I look a bit silly with my toight lycra and my monster truck trail hardtail. Luckily, as a married dad of two, I've proven what I have to prove to whom I need to prove it, so whoever thinks I'm a doffel is more than welcome to.

Totally agreed. I'm yet to find a liner that is as comfortable as a bib. So I ride baggies that come without liners. Except for the spez baggies that came with a swat bib liner. That swat bib is amazing.

Agree on the spez baggies .Best quality,cut and comfort .They come at a price though .I am on my third indola pair .Once they are worn,faded,they become soft and very comfortable 

Edited by arendoog

I have a set frm Decathlon and they are actually very

good. they have 3 ranges normally so opted for the middle of the pack.

True, that is why I generally only buy booze from them, one size fits all!

Edited by Wet Ears

Typical one day only stock clearance.

You either have to be stick thin or real chunky to fit into their sizes available.

yet not too chonkers.

I am down to a 42 from a 46 and still I am left without fox baggies.

Look ODO is a clearance outlet, thats why we get the prices, to get rid of FOX's left overs.   Youll see it is the same odds listed at fox online store.

What is even worse, whatever they sold directly in the last 48 hours is also listed on ODO although it is already sold out, so some buyers will still get that Dear John in a week or so.

Meanwhile they are pulling interest on the financed sales done today, and refund you only the one item that is out of stock from your order.

Main reason I ride quality baggies (no inners)with quality bibs. Inners are so uncomfortable. When I wipeout it doesn’t cost me R4k oh and I dont look like a chop

• 6 months later...

Anyone know of any good deals on mtb baggies at the moment? I have been looking at the Fox range as I have heard good reviews, but everyone is out of stock. Any other suggestions for good quality baggies or where I might be able to find a pair of the Fox baggies?

Anyone know of any good deals on mtb baggies at the moment? I have been looking at the Fox range as I have heard good reviews, but everyone is out of stock. Any other suggestions for good quality baggies or where I might be able to find a pair of the Fox baggies?

Fox quality is questionable these days. 3 pairs of shorts sent back in the past 5 months and their support is terrible.

Look at Vye. Great looking pair of shorts.

Fox stock, should be landing soon. as soon as its loaded I'll post a link

Two weeks ago I did a 540km ride in 6 days , Nieu Bethesda to Prince Albert on back roads . Bike was a Cannondale Flash . It is a hardtail. I wore Indola Enduro baggies and ended the week with not a single sore , no hot or friction spot . Amazingly comfortable.

Two weeks ago I did a 540km ride in 6 days , Nieu Bethesda to Prince Albert on back roads . Bike was a Cannondale Flash . It is a hardtail. I wore Indola Enduro baggies and ended the week with not a single sore , no hot or friction spot . Amazingly comfortable.

never mind your baggies, I need this route