• Saturday afternoon
    • Sunday afternoon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they are all insured, but thats not the point

I know, it was meant to be a joke...in riding the one you want to replace. and the insurance pays...

NNNOOOOO, if there are other people in the noob group I can't win....

No worries, I only just took the fairy wheels off my bike. You're safe.

The Dome Crit did come up in the conversation when this was discussed over coffee.

I used to enjoy these even though I got lapped many times. It was just up the road from my house so I could stop off on my way home from work , "race" for one hour and then be home within 5 minutes.

Edited by I FLY

Short Crits are hard work if you want to stay up front . We had a few of these in Jet Park , Benoni and Germiston ( around the lake ) in the 80/90's on Wednesdays . A few bucks entry fee to cover the marshals and officials costs of kit , flags and i think coffee/soft drinks . We would get some of the top pros to participate to really give the guys a full work out . 

This really does sound like a lot of fun. This is about the only thing that will convince me to buy a road bike.

I may come watch once or twice first, but my gears are already grinding as to how to justify a reasonable road bike purhcase

This really does sound like a lot of fun. This is about the only thing that will convince me to buy a road bike.

I may come watch once or twice first, but my gears are already grinding as to how to justify a reasonable road bike purhcase

Sometimes just coming to watch and support the riders does as much as participating. It grows awareness and might convince you to join in the fun down the line. 

I used to enjoy these even though I got lapped many times. It was just up the road from my house so I could stop off on my way home from work , "race" for one hour and then be home within 5 minutes.

In the case of our crit it's the same for me, very convenient. 

The registration form is active, online - click here, and includes completing the following:

1. Your details (name, surname, email address and phone number + an option to give us permission to add you to the WhatsApp group) - the WhatsApp group will allow effective communication in the event we need to cancel, eg. it's currently raining in the area;
  2. Covid-19 questions that need to be asked;
  3. Acknowledgement that we are collecting a donation bin to cover expenses, like the toilet hire (R2500). Medical will be for your own expense, should you require it. They are are standby, and not charging anything to "stand by", but may charge for gloves, bandages, a band-aid, head ache tablet, drip, etc. if required.

It's a Google Form, that then allows me to download to a Google Sheets form, and you won't be required to fill in details upon arrival - it's done by simply registering. You would just need to act like a pro, and "sign in". The sign in includes the waiver that you partake under your own risk, and we are not liable for any injury, death or other claims - you know, the usual thing you accept when entering a race but don't really take the time to read.