RC Cars

Psyrax

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a tamiya grasshopper that i got in the 90s.

model_58074_02.jpg

maybe going to get it back running for my youngster this christmas

I have the slightly older Grasshopper from the 80's.  Also thinking about reviving it but will wait a year or so till my boy is a bit bigger... The radios and servers I have are now totally obsolete and of course the battery packs are dead...

I was super fortunate to have a dad that liked buying me toys that he could build and play with too!!  :lol:

I see I have scratched some old itches for a few. If you start spending again and the partner is not too happy, just tell them its my fault.

And yes, I have found a nice entry level crawler kit at Speed Models Tygervalley. R3k is not too expensive for a start. Guys are really helpfull there. I just suggest some who have an itch to stay away there.

I see I have scratched some old itches for a few. If you start spending again and the partner is not too happy, just tell them its my fault.

And yes, I have found a nice entry level crawler kit at Speed Models Tygervalley. R3k is not too expensive for a start. Guys are really helpfull there. I just suggest some who have an itch to stay away there.

Hobby shops are toy stores mostly...i wont mention the places where you get the good ****

At these places you better have access to your bond.....or not probably haha

I was sponsored one year. The problem with that is you get stuff at cost, but it also gets you access to the storeroom since the moegoes who work the front dont always know about the racing stuff

...think kid in a candy store, but not even limited by how much money you have on you...since being part of the team meant you could just walk in...take stuff what you needed...and get invoiced later. You also get contingency stock to haul along to races should you or other racers need it...which you always will. You dobt think straight when you smell a win.

It was bad. I know it seems like I said R150k in jest earlier.....but I really didnt haha. That is very close to what I spent in the 2012 championship.

Edited by morneS555

This is what I would like to get involved in, but I am sitting firmly on my wallet and wait for the feeling to pass me over.

yep so fun .. scale crawling or trailing is alot of fun and big cash .. or comp crawling more my scene but dont have a top rig .

go to like 3.30

1st hobby grade rc was an associated b2 ( which i still have ) after a tamiya hornet and grasshopper . now run modded asian crawlers.

Yes......I'm involved too.

Myself and my 12 year old son race 1/10th on road electric. Love it. We've been at it for 4 years new. He has walked away with numerous trophies since starting as an 8 year old and me, nothing

The only problem, it is starting to get expensive, real expensive. It's insane what is being charged for parts and stuff. 

ed00f0c60e572ade3e328df55251ae9c.jpg

Got a little side eye from the boss when grabbing it out the cupboard.

Love this little thing!!

Love these bodies. I knew a guy that had a vacuum forming business. He took a photo of the real car from a motoring magazine, made his own clay mould and started making these bodies long before Tamiya did (then again Tamiya probably had to wait for licence agreements etc).

Not sure what car they used, but it seems to be tough!

I still have a Tyco RC Rebound, but it's a toy compared to the proper RC cars.