The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

Kevin has been given the tracker marked “comm” at RV 4. Maybe three hours off Hansie

mmmm

That means Brian is closer to Kevin then Kevin is to Hansie ...

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hansie 928km

Benky 853km

Quite a gap...75km, Maybe hansie takes a break at tankwa and kevin can catch up?

I think the race for 3rd will get interesting, the chasing pack is catching up on Brian, maybe he burnt all his matches? Looks as if Hanno and chris broke away from Michael?

Quick bit of mental math - that CUT line travels at about 10kph, and Patsy is rolling at around 15. There's quite a few fast stretches coming up where if she's strong she can push quicker, but even so it's a lot of ground to make up.

Edit - interestingly, unless my math is out she's got about 750km to go and 75 hours left, which makes the CUT line on the map feel a bit advanced. If Patsy can plug a moving average of say 15km/h, and eat quickly/on the move, she should still have time for some proper naps of 3 or 4 hours each. Or did I make a miscalc somewhere?

The only problem with the calc is that her moving average is only 12.6 kph so that would mean she will take 58 hours to finish the route. That means she has roughly 14 hours of stopping time and she has needed 16 hours stopping time for the first third completed. Theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

Looks as if Hanno and chris broke away from Michael?

They gonna hit the long downhill into Sutherland soon which may spread them out if Michael is far enough back that he is still climbing. It'll probably clump back together though again at the RV. It's an ugly little stretch then to the drop down the pass - there's a short climb out of the town, and then some really nasty corrugations (unless it got graded) and some rough farm tracks just before the pass. Plenty can happen in that bit

The only problem with the calc is that her moving average is only 12.6 kph so that would mean she will take 58 hours to finish the route. That means she has roughly 14 hours of stopping time and she has needed 16 hours stopping time for the first third completed. Theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

Indeed - far from easy. I guess we'll see how fresh she feels by the length of stop at Britstown. There's enough faster riding after that she could claw back against the CUT tho today.

Might have nissed it

Kevin's tracker was replaced, he is the C tracker behind Hansie.

HJ @942.5 KB @875.7

180KM to go...

.... I am looking at that steady last climb getting a lot steeper for Hansie near Matroosberg on Bo-swaarmoed rd... amply named/applicable for the Munga riders when they get there .... 

Hope they all make it .....