The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

My friend Sam Marx currently sitting in 9th position says the wind is howling and they are straight into it.

The wind always pumps like that.Its part of the landscape this time if the year

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the two dots I am following this year is shadowing each other nicely. Sam Marx my friend from my Bloem days. And Piet Laubser one of my wifes colleagues. Keep at it !!! Keep the pace. AND SEE YOU SATURDAY IN WELLINGTON!!

Paul

If you think the wind is mad for the Munga just know that at the moment there are a bunch of solo sailors in the Southern Ocean doing the vendeeglobe round the world sailing race. Bunch of MAD men and women. Sailing 60m yachts.

60ft...

There will be a few in CT before the weekend is over,

Race coverage is awesome

the two dots I am following this year is shadowing each other nicely. Sam Marx my friend from my Bloem days. And Piet Laubser one of my wifes colleagues. Keep at it !!! Keep the pace. AND SEE YOU SATURDAY IN WELLINGTON!!

Paul

How many wifes do you have?

The curious case of Stuart Johnston, last night I saw his tracker showing that he was being transported by ambo from point 426km back to Britstown where he was stationary for 5 hours only to be transported back to 426km and his race continues. Was this a case of a medical precaution which turned out to be a false alarm?

Hanno has been moooooving through the night! His pace is the highest of the Top 10 at the moment.. currently in 7th, busy catching the three guys in front of him

Interesting aside.

What are the Munga going to do regarding prizemoney for next year?

If memory serves, previous was R 40 to 50k. Then they converted to Bitcoin now almost R 440k because of the miraculous Bitcoin recovery (Hope the bubble does not bust before they finish)

But what do they do next year, Find a huge sponsor (that did not work when they started)?

Interesting times for the Munga management. Then again they do their own thing and don't do marketing etc. so who knows.

Devils advocate:

Benky’s transponder isnt faulty and he’s using a tried and tested strategy of riding with Hansie because someone mentioned that bitcoin is almost at R300k and he knows if he spends 400km smoothing things over with p2 they can cross the line holding hands....both richer

Ps: /comic sans/

So looking at the Race Flow history throughout last night..it looks like Benky's position got updated when they moved through WP8. And that was at exactly the same time as Hansie went through WP8. They are probably still together.. hopefully they will update his position again at the next WP or RV or give him a new tracker that works!

Hanno Smit has made the most progress of everyone in the Top 10. He was sitting in 10th place last night, had a shorter nap than the rest around 01:00 this morning, and pushed up the pace.. It actually looks like his pace is now faster than the leaders. He caught the bunch racing for 4th place a few minutes ago. Go Hanno!! 

post-119556-0-94445100-1607063311_thumb.jpg