The Munga 2020

JohanDiv

Got this from the FB page: Hansie is in the lead, KB chasing. Erik says they will swop out KB's tracker at Tankwa river lodge? Hopefully he meant Tankwa padstal seeing hansie is on that terrible pass before tankwa

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence is killing me (and yeah not a lot might be happening...)

Anyone with Fb want to ask for updates on the page?

Yeah I commented on their page last night that we need more info!

re prize money...

I don't think it matters if the prize money value changes. They stated it would be X bitcoins, so as long as they pay X bitcoins, they have done their job.

Same as if you live in the States, come to SA and win 50k when no one is rioting, burning tires and none of our ministers have said anything/been caught steeling for 2 days, it's worth 5k US.... Then on the plane trip home Cyril says boo, PE gets caught stealing more money, 26 different riots take place and suddenly your 5k is now 1k US. Over night.

You still won 50k zar.

So next year they can mine another X bitcoin, offer it up as the prize and regardless of it's 'street value' they have done their job.

The real value is irrelevant as long as they pay X bitcoin

Got this from the FB page: Hansie is in the lead, KB chasing. Erik says they will swop out KB's tracker at Tankwa river lodge? Hopefully he meant Tankwa padstal seeing hansie is on that terrible pass before tankwa

Tankwa River Lodge is WP9. That is before that terrible pass. Hansie has already gone through WP9, and still no GPS update for Benky. Wonder if that means he is quite a way behind Hansie then.

All the communication and footage really make me want to do this event next year. It is amazing to see the incredible people and landscapes and regular updates.

Edited by Baracuda

Seems like Pierre Oosthuizen has caught a lift with the Ambo to De Aar which makes Patsy our last rider on the route but she's 5 hours behind the cut.

All the communication and footage really make me want to do this event next year. It is amazing to see the incredible people and landscapes and regular updates.

Yeah - I've had more than a few moments of FOMO watching those dots and picturing the trails and adventures

Seems like Pierre Oosthuizen has caught a lift with the Ambo to De Aar which makes Patsy our last rider on the route but she's 5 hours behind the cut.

Tall order, but fair play - looks like she is battling on and having a go

At this stage last year we were all on the edge of our seats.

What a dissapointment !!!

(Just BAD PR !!!)

Kudo's to all riders still on the course.

Hansie should have just passed the 900km mark!

He (and if Kevin is close by) have a huge lead.

Insane

Shout out to couple of Audax buddies right on the CUT line (Derek Lawrence and Marcus Franz) - both experienced endurance riders. Nice to see Chantal (who has friends on here) is keeping some clear ground between hersef and the dreaded line.

Edited by walkerr