Rapidé Tigre Hardtail Frame

MORNE

6 hours ago, Super Sywurm said:

I beg to differ, me and my Rapide did a 16km ride with an average of 35km/h (the 16km was part of a longer ride).  I was able to keep up with some fancy bikes.  Me on my 34T oval and most of them on their 36T chainrings

You sir, are faster than I will ever be :D

But yes - if you need to go fast, you can. A bike is a bike, and at the end of the day, the strength of the rider determines your speed. 

I just know that I have far more fun on my Tigre than any other bike (carbon, alloy, hardtail, dualie) and if I ever do actually sell her, it'll be to buy the same frame in a different colour :)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Nic Brigando said:

I just know that I have far more fun on my Tigre than any other bike (carbon, alloy, hardtail, dualie) and if I ever do actually sell her, it'll be to buy the same frame in a different colour :)

Same,  I'm  just waiting for the Ti model.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

Riiiiight.......

9 minutes ago, Super Sywurm said:

What?

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

It's an awesome bike for the Western Cape trails, and the Garden Route forest trails, and will even be awesome on the Karoo gravel roads. 

I can see it as a very good replacement for my Singlespeed. Versatile enough to slap gears on for a W2W or a bike packing trip, and be a fun hooligan bike rest of the time. 

It must be because the ‘front wheel is too far away from the downtube’🤣🤣

if you don't get it you don't get it. 

Also, bikes like Tigre has a bigger market than silly enduro bikes in this country…people just don't want to know it.  It’s such a versatile machine. Geared, SS, rigid, 140mm, boost, non-boost, 29”, 650b. Show me the other bikes that can do all that? 

16 hours ago, MORNE said:

It must be because the ‘front wheel is too far away from the downtube’🤣🤣

if you don't get it you don't get it. 

Also, bikes like Tigre has a bigger market than silly enduro bikes in this country…people just don't want to know it.  It’s such a versatile machine. Geared, SS, rigid, 140mm, boost, non-boost, 29”, 650b. Show me the other bikes that can do all that? 

I love It When a Plan Comes Together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am seriously considering a build project for this. I did the maths earlier this week and saw that it would cost around R50k give or take with all the bits I prefer. Steep for sure, but to me it would be a bike I want, not a cookie cutter closest to the mark derivative that ends up costing double as much after I'm done upgrading it anyway.

The white looks really sexy.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am seriously considering a build project for this. I did the maths earlier this week and saw that it would cost around R50k give or take with all the bits I prefer. Steep for sure, but to me it would be a bike I want, not a cookie cutter closest to the mark derivative that ends up costing double as much after I'm done upgrading it anyway.

The white looks really sexy.

Mine was stolen, and circumstance meant that it was replaced with a nice, used, full squish bike (for 50k).  I regret that I didn't rather take the time and build a replacement Tigre, I loved that bike, the current one, not so much!

Mine is still going strong, 2 years and and 2 months later! Love it to bits. Thousands of happy kms, and every time I walk away from the bike, I look back and think how great and unique it is.

Only thing that might be better is my custom Marino full squish on the way, which has the exact geo that I have on the Tigre, with the added comfort :P

Recommend it HIGHLY. To anyone on the fence - just do it ;)

OntcNyb_Kpq1oPCtyBadf4947i7MX6ZxYPrdM4hk334-2048x921.jpg

QM-LV1JIlg-XoyYwcJY1jswYEcffK46EXbli7zUmtEA-2048x921.jpg

Edited by Nic Brigando

9 minutes ago, Stretched@Birth said:

Mine was stolen, and circumstance meant that it was replaced with a nice, used, full squish bike (for 50k).  I regret that I didn't rather take the time and build a replacement Tigre, I loved that bike, the current one, not so much!

I have a Camber full squish that rides well enough, and to replace it with more of the same makes less sense than getting a rowdy hardtail for those fun days out. Sorry to hear about yours being stolen.

25 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I have a Camber full squish that rides well enough, and to replace it with more of the same makes less sense than getting a rowdy hardtail for those fun days out. Sorry to hear about yours being stolen.

As a Second Bike / Spare Bike / Gravel Orientated Bike / but not for Downhill .

1 hour ago, dasilvarsa said:

Huh?

The geo/frame is designed and built around being a rowdy hardtail for shredding the gnar.

It's incredibly versatile but honestly, with a 140mm fork it is the very epitome of a hardcore hardtail designed for going down hill.

Long, low, slack steel frames are banging bikes for SA trail centres, especially the Western Cape

2 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

You must see what I get up to on my 120mm camber. I reckon a 140mm Pike will do just fine on the trails I ride. The gnarliest trail I ride is Iron Monkey at Jonkers, from the very top. I'm actually quite keen to see what this bike can get up to on a proper janky line.