Muc-Off Tubeless Valves

TheoG

I use Muc-Off valves and order them from Merlin in the UK. Worth it if you are ordering a couple of items, the valves by themselves don't justify the shipping fee.

I have a spare set of Muc-Off 80mm black valves. DM me if that is what you are looking for.

Thanks very much for the offer.  80mm is way too long for my rims, need around half that.

Edit:  Do you like the muc-off valves, any issues with them besides the corrosion that DieselnDust pointed out?

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much for the offer.  80mm is way too long for my rims, need around half that.

Edit:  Do you like the muc-off valves, any issues with them besides the corrosion that DieselnDust pointed out?

I love them.  Can't remember the exact number, but they are significantly lighter than the standard OEM valves in my wheelset, they look bling and the valve remover tool built into the valve cap has made me a hero on the road twice now.  I doubled down and ordered for our mountain bikes as well, in colours matching our frame detailing.

Edit:  I guess I should address how they perform as tubeless valves too.... They seal really well and come with 3 different rubber fittings for different hole sizes or rim shapes.  Did I mention that they look pretty?

Edited by thisismyotherbike

Response from Sean from www.bikemob.co.za regarding muc-off tubeless valves, so hopefully we will be able to get them locally:

"Hi Theo,

​I have asked for those before and they said they may be getting so mailed and asked them again but haven't seen anything on their system.

Kind regards,

Sean"

Response from Sean from www.bikemob.co.za regarding muc-off tubeless valves, so hopefully we will be able to get them locally:

"Hi Theo,

​I have asked for those before and they said they may be getting so mailed and asked them again but haven't seen anything on their system.

Kind regards,

Sean"

I called AdventureInc this morning. They're not importing the valves currently. TWT shows the CNC TLR valves as comng soon along with some new tools and pumps.

Also look into the Giant tubeless valves. The vlves are more road focussed though as they cater for 42mm profile rims, 55mm and 80mm profiles

Unfortunately 80mm is not going to work for me ...   :wacko:

Try Dragon Sports. The Giant tubeless valve for rims up to 42mm depth should work. Its a 55mm long valve overall.

Not the valve for 55mm deep rims (that one is 80mm long)

someone will get confused trust me

Muc off tubeless valves in the classifieds for sale

those will work if the vale body is threaded as per the image

Muc off tubeless valves in the classifieds for sale

I only find the 80mm ones.  Did you see another add?

I got Milkit valves at the moment.  The concept that you can check & top-up sealant without deflating the tire work great, love it.

The part I don't like about them is the fact that I battle my ass off to get them to seal properly on the rim.  The inner rim valley and the valve hole size (too big) is probably causing the issue.

I ended up cutting a patch from an old inner tube for the valve to seat on, that seems to be working, only been 3 days, but so far so good.

In the long run, I'm still looking for the ultimate tubeless valves ...

I got Milkit valves at the moment.  The concept that you can check & top-up sealant without deflating the tire work great, love it.

The part I don't like about them is the fact that I battle my ass off to get them to seal properly on the rim.  The inner rim valley and the valve hole size (too big) is probably causing the issue.

I ended up cutting a patch from an old inner tube for the valve to seat on, that seems to be working, only been 3 days, but so far so good.

In the long run, I'm still looking for the ultimate tubeless valves ...

Ah, thanks for that. Been contemplating buying a set. I need to replace my short valves with longer ones. so I guess I will give these a miss.