Is this "Fixable"

Wet Ears

Long story short, hit a tree stump on some single track, fell and my saddle came off the rails! Is this fixable, I have tried to man handle the saddle back onto the rails but it is a no go.

If I am to replace does anyone know where I could find a WTB Volt Race, I have been looking around and can only find Comp's online - unless they have changed their range since I purchased my one.

post-9531-0-80432200-1610357072_thumb.jpg

post-9531-0-32048700-1610357082_thumb.jpg

post-9531-0-69009500-1610357092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wet Ears

If you can't fix it with DuckTape..... you're not using enough DuckTape!!!

Edit:

If you Clamp the Rails near the back you should have enough flex in the to pop it back in at the nose... The Problem is building the clamp... Where are you in JHB? 

Edited by AdamA

You will have to bend the rails to get the end back into the saddle seats and then bend the rails back to the current shape.

Would just rather replace than try to do this.

Not sure where to get WTB unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure you should be able to get it back without any detriment.  Maybe focus on getting the flex from the saddle and not the rails, the rails are flippen stiff, good luck getting any significant flex out of them.

To bend and bend back the rails, I don't see as an option.

Edit:  Is there a screw/bolt you can remove there, maybe not even necessary to do any bending.

2nd Edit:  I stand corrected:  

post-160286-0-92806100-1610359743_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheoG

Thanks all, appreciate the input.

@Theo, yeah that screw bolt is mainly for cosmetic purposes. as your second edit probably alludes to

@Adam - just need to find a clamp!  Might go and bug my neighbour.

Thanks all, appreciate the input.

@Theo, yeah that screw bolt is mainly for cosmetic purposes. as your second edit probably alludes to

@Adam - just need to find a clamp!  Might go and bug my neighbour.

:thumbup:

I was referring more to that if its possible to flex the rails enough as per the video.  It would have been convenient to, just unscrew & re-assemble though.

Edited by TheoG

Long story short, hit a tree stump on some single track, fell and my saddle came off the rails! Is this fixable, I have tried to man handle the saddle back onto the rails but it is a no go.

If I am to replace does anyone know where I could find a WTB Volt Race, I have been looking around and can only find Comp's online - unless they have changed their range since I purchased my one.

totally fixable.

The front just slots into the groove in the nose. Remove the cover and check to see if the retaining clip is not broken. If it is then it will pop out again.

The rear you can retain with Red retaining compound or epoxy glue

https://www.custombikes.co.za/collections/wtb-saddles/products/saddles-volt-wtb

not sure if this is the same

Where are you in JHB, if you're keen to come to Fourways we can make the clamps shown in TheoG's Video's...

You bring the beer! 

:thumbup:

I was referring more to that if its possible to flex the rails enough as per the video.  It would have been convenient to, just unscrew & re-assemble though.

I can't see a video! Perhaps work's firewalls or something of the like

youtu.be/b_m9F2gZJno

Try copy this to your browser.  Can you normally watch youtube videos at work?

Edited by TheoG