Scammed

Cycling club

He was selling a scott cr1

He has deleted his account from the hub aswell

I said I will arrange courier but he insisted on him sorting it out

I think I saw this add. Bike was in the Eastern Cape, member for about 3 weeks if I remember correctly. Did you pay into a bank account?

Sorry but that doesn't work, that's why scamming has become a job for many people. SAPS do nothing... I speak from experience

I think that is what Harryn was saying. Edited by Vetseun

And you paid without seeing the bike and trusting a complete stranger on the other end of WhatsApp..? Was it FB or The Hub..?

The hub

i sent you a DM @Cycling Club

You can call the bank where he hold his account and say you were scammed, sometimes they put a hold on the account but then you need to log a case at SAPS and provide them with a case number.

Neilbarnard from randfontien in gueteng

Scammed me for 8k not answering my calls blocked me on watsap says he couriered but no tracking information ot reference number

This is his number 067 987 4404

Sorry to hear. 

This is exactly what Bike Hub Pay function is for. It saved my ass (and money) on a bike buy deal. 

Sorry that you got scammed, but look like you were a bit naïve.  When buying anything online, you BS radar must be on high alert all the time.

There are a number of things to look out for that come with experience.  Did you only online chat & WhatsApp with him?  I prefer to at least speak to the person on the phone, much easier to determine BS in a one on one conversation.

Edited by TheoG

What size was the bike?

The profile appears to have been called NeilsBarnard.

There is a person by that name in Randfontein (according to Facebook) - obviously could be pure coincidence but a simple Google search reveals that info.

The cache of the ad appears to show the profile had a number of reviews on it - if admin can pull those up it might help get more info.

What size was the bike?

The profile appears to have been called NeilsBarnard.

There is a person by that name in Randfontein (according to Facebook) - obviously could be pure coincidence but a simple Google search reveals that info.

The cache of the ad appears to show the profile had a number of reviews on it - if admin can pull those up it might help get more info.

Scammer impersonating someone maybe? 

Last time I dealt with a scammer a person by the name Danie Odendaal did not have a west african french accent.