947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to log into the howler site again. (struggled a bit as the password saved for the site on my phone was not right).

Turns out that even though I entered in July, there was some outstanding information they still wanted from me. But I received an email in July saying I've entered, no other comms saying they dont have all the info they need to register me.

Anyway, thats complete now, lets wait and see where they seed me.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

I managed to log into the howler site again. (struggled a bit as the password saved for the site on my phone was not right).

Turns out that even though I entered in July, there was some outstanding information they still wanted from me. But I received an email in July saying I've entered, no other comms saying they dont have all the info they need to register me.

Anyway, thats complete now, lets wait and see where they seed me.

Check your junk mailbox, that’s where my email ended up.

2 hours ago, Avo said:

Same here! Why is the seeding a mess every year?

Have also lodged a seeding query. I see seeding queries close tomorrow.

I remember getting a WhatsApp from them saying seeding was being done in the last week of September. I too saw that seeding queries were closing on the 18th, so sent them a message to query if they had send out seeding info. Luckily I’m seeded where I wanted to be, and have the correct number of completed races showing this year, unlike last year.

Where do you query the number of races completed? I'm doing no 21 this year and it shows 18. The seeding is also a disgrace as I did a 3:18 last year and seeded in K last year was F.

6 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Where do you query the number of races completed? I'm doing no 21 this year and it shows 18. The seeding is also a disgrace as I did a 3:18 last year and seeded in K last year was F.

Kept my own records since day one. Especially the earlier versions. This is in fact my 23rd event this year - but was DQ'd one year after finishing with a different company timing chip. All evidence (Garmin, Strava etc) was ignored and deemed irrelevant. For the very first events - Do not even think they had digital results. Certificates were mailed. Over the years there have been multiple timing companies involved. You may still be able to get results in some of the old ones. 

Edited by pedal menace

4 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Kept my own records since day one. Especially the earlier versions. This is in fact my 23rd event this year - but was DQ'd one year after finishing with a different company timing chip. All evidence (Garmin, Strava etc) was ignored and deemed irrelevant. For the very first events - Do not even think they had digital results. Certificates were mailed. Over the years there have been multiple timing companies involved. You may still be able to get results in some of the old ones. 

my first one in 1998 was digitally timed. But it might have been the first year they went digital.

13 minutes ago, JJDT said:

I’m also doing #21.

My last 2 events are on FinishTime, and the rest on Ractec. I sent them a screenshot of all the result pages as they had me as one less.

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I’m also doing #21.

My last 2 events are on FinishTime, and the rest on Ractec. I sent them a screenshot of all the result pages as they had me as one less.

around '99 or 2000 they did not use FT or RT, I think it was championship that they used. That result of mine is gone. I only have a photo or 2 as proof

Hmmm...was thinking - what's the chance I appeal again and ask that my 2013 event still be added to Racetec DB? I still have Garmin files etc...

What is the statute of limitations of riding with an incorrect chip? 

37 minutes ago, pedal menace said: