947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

11 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

around '99 or 2000 they did not use FT or RT, I think it was championship that they used. That result of mine is gone. I only have a photo or 2 as proof

Was there a race in 2020, can't seem to remember if there was a race? Found my results untill 2019 on racetec and the last 2021 and 2022 finishtime results.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No 2020 was cancelled

2 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Was there a race in 2020, can't seem to remember if there was a race? Found my results untill 2019 on racetec and the last 2021 and 2022 finishtime results.

6 hours ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

First time doing the 947 and my seeding is KK, also not sure what its means XD

Congratulations, based on the email I received last night, you'll be riding with my 6 year old son.

I entered him into the kiddies race but seems he got upgraded to the main race - must be due his stellar time set last year in the 1.5km mud fest........... So much for trust in their seeding abilities 🤪

( I obviously sent an email asking the organizers to please correct)

2 hours ago, WR 1.0 said:

Congratulations, based on the email I received last night, you'll be riding with my 6 year old son.

I entered him into the kiddies race but seems he got upgraded to the main race - must be due his stellar time set last year in the 1.5km mud fest........... So much for trust in their seeding abilities 🤪

( I obviously sent an email asking the organizers to please correct)

Hopefully he doesnt win me XD, so I guess KK is really bad, is KK one off the last batches ?

5 hours ago, JJDT said:

There was a “crit” that took place in 2020. Anyone that took part that year would acknowledged; think of those few that have done every event, unlike the masses (self included) that have a gap year, or less.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE QUESTION - 

but how do I know my start time in the 94.7 I have not received a email ? 

Thinking about this seeding fiasco again.

Will the organisers be able to cope with the huge demand of re-seeding requests? I only know of a few riders(Bikehub responses) that their seeding is also a mess.

Hopefully they will consider to do a re-run of the seeding based on the possible huge number of re-seeding requests if everybody deem that their seeding is incorrect, which actually is.

16 hours ago, Sandro said:

Seeding is a balls up again I see. "Enter early to get a proper seeding'. Imagine entering late.

I entered last week and my seeding was correct, up 1 group from last year

9 minutes ago, JJDT said:

Thinking about this seeding fiasco again.

Will the organisers be able to cope with the huge demand of re-seeding requests? I only know of a few riders(Bikehub responses) that their seeding is also a mess.

Hopefully they will consider to do a re-run of the seeding based on the possible huge number of re-seeding requests if everybody deem that their seeding is incorrect, which actually is.

Was a mess last year too, not sure if they sorted it 100% last year, but one would have hoped they would have learnt some lessons and not got it so wrong again this year.

I'm still waiting for my seeding

20 minutes ago, Cyclewizz said:

I entered last week and my seeding was correct, up 1 group from last year

You’re the second person to say the same.

5 minutes ago, NicoSmit said:

seeding is it by email or sms

I got mine by email. It was in my junk/spam folder, despite their domain name being on my white-list.

After submitting the seeding query form, does anyone get an e-mail confirming the submission has gone through?

I just checked my e-mail from last year and saw I received a confirmation previously, but have not received anything confirming this years query submission

Thankfully, my seeding is correct.

For the reseeding, it appears the process is running smoothly, based on a few people that I know that have requested reseeding.