Opinions on Pivot Frames

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I saw that one, however still does not tell me if they are good and value for money or not?

I see they do offer a 10 year warranty. 

No looking for a complete bike, looking at a build project. 

Pivot Cycles was started by Chris Cochalis, the former owner and designer of Titus Bikes.

Now anyon who was MTBing at the turn of the century will remember the Titus RacerX as one of the most iconic and best performing Horst Link suspension bike on the market. Chris sold Titus back in 2009/2010 and started Pivot Bikes in 2012. The pedigree is well established.

The current range of bikes are highly desirable machines that get great reviews and have a very solid following over in the USA. 

I'd have one at the drop of a hat, especially the Mach 4 SL or even the 429 Trail 

Hi all, 

Cant seem to find any info on the forum regarding Pivot frames. 

So opinions / views on the Pivot?

https://www.evobikes.co.za/product/pivot-mach-429sl-carbon-frameset-large/

I like not going with the norm, and looking into a bike build.

The above Pivot frame really appeal to my liking. 

So bad idea or not?

the frame you're looking is a discontinued model. The latest version is the one PhllipV posted. Its a beaut and a lot lighter than the outgoing bike

GetStoked is no longer the agents and it seems according to Evo Bikes there is no agent currently in South Africa for Pivot.  :wacko:

Very good frames. But value is not usually used when talking about Pivot. It's a boutique(ish) brand in the same bracket SC and the like.

If you can afford them, and want something a bit more unique - go for it.

Do a google on the frameset you are looking for, lots of reviews on PinkBike, Vital, etc. Nit a big brand locally, but you'll find lots of info internationally. Get Stoked is the distributor, they are solid, so your aftersales service will be good.

GetStoked is no longer the agents and it seems according to Evo Bikes there is no agent currently in South Africa for Pivot.  :wacko:

No the low sales numbers didn't justify them keeping the agency. You can buy direct from Pivot though but then you may want to look at a few other brands as well like maybe Revel Bikes or Canfield or Intense

No the low sales numbers didn't justify them keeping the agency. You can buy direct from Pivot though but then you may want to look at a few other brands as well like maybe Revel Bikes or Canfield or Intense

Like those Revels!

What do think of Spotbikes?

GetStoked is no longer the agents and it seems according to Evo Bikes there is no agent currently in South Africa for Pivot. :wacko:

Maybe look at a Yeti SB100? Or SB130 if you want a trail bike?

Like those Revels!

What do think of Spotbikes?

The Mayhem is a beaut and ticks many boxes. It does look quite weighty though. 

Revel ranger and Pivot Trail 429 would be my boutique favourites. Would love to try either one out.

MOre in reach is a Specialized Stumpjumper or Cannondale Habit

I considered a frame once but the extra boost rear spacing put me off .I would have to build a new wheel and get a hub .Consider Pyga .Good frames and reasonable priced .Even Transition frames will get my attention .Ibis ripmo or ripley also excellent frames 

Edited by eala