Opinions on Pivot Frames

Fluidlines just tol me they are no longer the agents for Orbea.

That’s a bummer.... so no support for me in SA on the warranty etc. ????

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you have nothing to worry about. A warranty only gets you that far and also only if the supplier wants to entertain the warranty.

While I am waiting for feedback from Pivot in terms of being able to order a frame directly from them, is there any other reputable overseas shops I can consider for a Pivot frame?

Obviously searching, there is a ton, but dont want to end up with paying and never getting a frame from some obscure shop. 

While I am waiting for feedback from Pivot in terms of being able to order a frame directly from them, is there any other reputable overseas shops I can consider for a Pivot frame?

Obviously searching, there is a ton, but dont want to end up with paying and never getting a frame from some obscure shop. 

Given the current situation in the bicycle industry, you'd be lucky if they even respond at all.

Well that is how you deflate someone's bubble.  :w00t:

Given the current situation in the bicycle industry, you'd be lucky if they even respond at all.

Fluidlines just tol me they are no longer the agents for Orbea.

Makes me a sad panda :(  ... Love their range.

SA is an over saturated market with bike brands though. Still, do believe there could have been a gap for a well supported and properly marketed brand like Orbea though, even with a tight range of product. Difficult margins to manage though, which for the brand owners might not be viable enough to warrant the effort.

Makes me a sad panda :(  ... Love their range.

SA is an over saturated market with bike brands though. Still, do believe there could have been a gap for a well supported and properly marketed brand like Orbea though, even with a tight range of product. Difficult margins to manage though, which for the brand owners might not be viable enough to warrant the effort.

Orbea as a company has always been difficult to deal with. Both previous distributors have had several challenges in dealing with Orbea. 

In the end SA is a Cannondale, Giant, Scott and Specialized bedornnerd market. It will take a lot to change that and therefore give smaller brands the longevity in the market they deserve.

Below these the options of Merida, titan racing, Silverback, Momsen is where the more budget conscious gravitate to.

Orbea is seen as a boutique brand in SA. Its always been pegged in that space, sort of like an upper middle class mans Colnago. To succeed in SA a brand needs to compete directly and or topple one of the big 4

Pity they dont do the aluminium frames any longer. But that steel hardtail!!!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179739-guerilla-gravity/page-12

If anyone orders a GG just order spares for alles. Will make it easier when something poefs. The o ring in the headset has perished and to find one that fits here in Brunei is a mission. Luckily GG is sending me some free of charge. Customer service there is super good tho.

If anyone orders a GG just order spares for alles. Will make it easier when something poefs. The o ring in the headset has perished and to find one that fits here in Brunei is a mission. Luckily GG is sending me some free of charge. Customer service there is super good tho.

So far I am good. No issues here.

So far I am good. No issues here.

My issues are my own doing and struggling to find replacements locally. I’m sure in SA it would not be such a mission.

I dropped Pivot USA a note to ask them if I can purchase a frame from them seeing that there is no longer a distributor in South Africa. 

This was their reply. 

Thanks for reaching out! You are correct, we currently don't have a distributor in South Africa I'm afraid to say. At this time due to the broken supply chain that's a result of Covid 19 pandemic, we aren't selling frames until likely 2023 :eek: Please let us know if we can further assist!