Post fire table mountain

DrRichard

Ja, I got stopped and turned around by the SANPARKS folks… will use your suggestions going forward until it’s all open. Thx

Please don’t. In just one case, an injured Caracal is being tracked by SPCA and Rangers, your presence and that of others will jeopardise their efforts as you force the wildlife further into hiding.

There are a myriad of other issues that don’t pertain to our mountain bike trail soil conditions. If you know the areas are closed, there should be no reason to seek alternative means to gain entry. The Park boundary is porous, SANParks can hardly close or man every route..

or, and I know this is a bit wild, find somewhere else to ride until it is open again.

Amazes me how people always have to take a chance and screw the requests to avoid the areas.Then argue the toss.Its so simple.Ride somewhere else until the all clear.

Ja.... Riding up there at the moment is a bit silly. 

It is clearly closed. All it shows 'parks is that rich people who bike for leisure can't obey simple rules.

I've had the same conversation with people posting pictures of the #newlife seen while trail running.

Stay away from the  burn areas.... it's not difficult

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, can you give an update on this? Trying to search online before heading to Rhodes mem / Table mountain aread for a ride. Is it still closed?

All open, was up there this morning. The gate at the start of the Rhodes Mem climb was locked though, but easy enough to get a bike over. Not the first time it's been locked in the morning sanparks seems to be struggling here...