Website update gremlins

21 hours ago, Razor1972 said:

Anyone struggling to delete their adverts? Really annoying. I'm using Chrome, if that helps.

yep. i cannot deactivate ads

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Razor1972 said:

Thanks Nick. It works, except ads that have expired. Still has the same problem on those

Thanks for the update.

Just to clarify, you're try to delete the expired adverts?

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Thanks for the update.

Just to clarify, you're try to delete the expired adverts?

yebo. It's still sitting in my profile

29 minutes ago, Razor1972 said:

yebo. It's still sitting in my profile

Thanks for confirming.

I'm hoping to have a fix out early next week.

Nick I am seeing something weird when filtering the Events.

Province filter - fine

Category filter - fine

Touch the "Browse by date" and it resets everything ...  (certainly not an issue now, but may become more of an issue once the Bot has fed in more events.

This is from both Android and PC

• 2 weeks later...

Am not sure if this had been reported before but one particular (seemingly trivial but progressively more annoying issue) is that on some links on mobile Safari you have to click on twice for the page to load. As an example, the Active Discussions list at the bottom of any thread page requires two taps to load that page. I have a feeling this is related to the hover state on the title which needs to be activated before the redirect but on mobile there is no hover state so it requires two taps. 

There are countless times where I click a link and wait 5s only to find I have to click it again to actually load the page. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

1 hour ago, michaelbiker said:

Am not sure if this had been reported before but one particular (seemingly trivial but progressively more annoying issue) is that on some links on mobile Safari you have to click on twice for the page to load. As an example, the Active Discussions list at the bottom of any thread page requires two taps to load that page. I have a feeling this is related to the hover state on the title which needs to be activated before the redirect but on mobile there is no hover state so it requires two taps. 

There are countless times where I click a link and wait 5s only to find I have to click it again to actually load the page. 

Has anyone else noticed this?

Hi michaelbiker,

It was reported when we initially upgraded the forum platform but it landed further down the list of bug fixes at the time. 

We’ll revisit it to see what can be done. Thanks for raising and the pointer on the hover state. 

@Matt suggestion more than a gremlin ....

I noticed a "Wanted" post in the classifieds.  Turns out I recently bought a similar product from a bike shop.

A few DM's later the gent is sorted and will pick up his goods today.

So yes, the system works.

BUT .. and this is where the suggestion comes in .... for the "wanted" items, certainly others could benefit from seeing this line of communication.

Not sure if you could activate replies on just the Wanted posts .....

Just a thought.  Keep up the good work

HI Bikehub. I tried giving a fellow bikehubber a good review, but got a message saying I can only review users with whom I have engaged with on BikeHub. Makes sense, but I did engage with him and he bought my bike.

1 hour ago, Razor1972 said:

HI Bikehub. I tried giving a fellow bikehubber a good review, but got a message saying I can only review users with whom I have engaged with on BikeHub. Makes sense, but I did engage with him and he bought my bike.

Hi @Razor1972

It sounds like you've attempted to post a rating directly on their profile?

We've changed the process a little for sellers wishing to rate a buyer.
Please see the guide here: https://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/5900631-rating-a-buyer

If you still have trouble just hit the Contact us link in the footer and we'll assist.

Matt

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Hi @Razor1972

It sounds like you've attempted to post a rating directly on their profile?

We've changed the process a little for sellers wishing to rate a buyer.
Please see the guide here: https://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/5900631-rating-a-buyer

If you still have trouble just hit the Contact us link in the footer and we'll assist.

Matt

Thanks Matt. I will check it out

• 1 month later...

This is really trivial but I'll mention it anyway...

In the "Discussions/Active Discussions" pane, the forum version of the website lists the total replies to an active topic, whereas the "normal" version of the website lists the total number of posts. So alternating between the two versions results in an increment/decrement by 1. I doesn't matter though.... is what I keep telling my caffeine fueled OCD.

Edited by NickGM
typo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, anyone experiencing issues trying to rate your experience of a member after a sale?

image.png.930a3e6f9962366b76f83ac3be00b1ff.png

From Bikehub chat

image.png.94323277525e4afdf795fd45dda1fce4.png

31 minutes ago, throttles said:

Hi there, anyone experiencing issues trying to rate your experience of a member after a sale?

image.png.930a3e6f9962366b76f83ac3be00b1ff.png

From Bikehub chat

image.png.94323277525e4afdf795fd45dda1fce4.png

Were you the seller in this deal? If so, you'll need to follow these guidelines to post a review for them: https://help.bikehub.co.za/en/articles/5900631-rating-a-buyer

We are currently working on an update to allow sellers to rate via the profile page or the method linked above.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:57 AM, NickGM said:

This is really trivial but I'll mention it anyway...

In the "Discussions/Active Discussions" pane, the forum version of the website lists the total replies to an active topic, whereas the "normal" version of the website lists the total number of posts. So alternating between the two versions results in an increment/decrement by 1. I doesn't matter though.... is what I keep telling my caffeine fueled OCD.

Sorry for leaving this unacknowledged @NickGM

It was noted and will be fixed in an update due to go live in the next 1-2 weeks.