Website update gremlins

6 minutes ago, Meezo said:

struggled to find the mark as sold on a race event entry, eventually i got it and now every time i access the classified or page or ad i get "Ad successfully marked as sold"

damn annoying

I get the same thing...i have also noticed that the little red icon on the notification icon is missing now - i do still get the email notifications but cant see when i open the bikehub page

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, JulienR said:

I get the same thing...i have also noticed that the little red icon on the notification icon is missing now - i do still get the email notifications but cant see when i open the bikehub page

Me too..

4 hours ago, JulienR said:

Had this for a while now , not sure when it started but happened to see i had pm's that were unanswered for nearly a month 

58 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Had this for a while now , not sure when it started but happened to see i had pm's that were unanswered for nearly a month 

I see i have the same thing .

I don't get the littile red bell on my home screen but when i go to a furum post then i see them.

6 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

@Matt @Nick ... an option missing on the classifieds section under Frames.  "Frame Components/Spares"  helpful to list items like derailleur hangars which are quite specific compared to general components. 
Under Components even. 

Good suggestion, thanks! I've added it to the to-do queue.

Edit: @Danger Dassieare there other "Frame spares" you have in mind aside from hangers? We're mindful of creating category sprawl with too many fragmented sub categories and hangers fit neatly in the Rear Derailleurs category as-is (similar to what most leading online stores do).

6 hours ago, Jbr said:

Hi, I can’t upload a video from my iphone. Photos work fine though !

Are you attempting to upload a video in the forums or on a classified ad? 

Forums: a video upload should work, if it doesn't please share screenshots of the error message with us via help@bikehub.co.za
Classifieds: video uploads are not supported.

6 hours ago, Meezo said:

struggled to find the mark as sold on a race event entry, eventually i got it and now every time i access the classified or page or ad i get "Ad successfully marked as sold"

damn annoying

Edit : when using my mobile

We've found the cause of this issue with the persistent message and should have the fix up early this week.

Apologies for the annoyance.

6 hours ago, JulienR said:

1 hour ago, throttles said:

Me too..

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

39 minutes ago, Barry said:

I see i have the same thing .

I don't get the littile red bell on my home screen but when i go to a furum post then i see them.

Thanks for reporting this. 

Please could I ask each of you to share some additional detail that should help is in finding the problem... and fixing it!?

1. Does this occur only on the Classifieds pages or in Forums too?
Classifieds: Does it work here - https://bikehub.co.za
Forums: Does it work here - https://forum.bikehub.co.za

2. Are you able to access this page without errors?
https://bikehub.co.za/notifications

3. Does this only happen on a particular device/browser or on all devices?

Please share either in this thread, DM me or via help@bikehub.co.za

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Thanks for reporting this. 

Please could I ask each of you to share some additional detail that should help is in finding the problem... and fixing it!?

1. Does this occur only on the Classifieds pages or in Forums too?
Classifieds: Does it work here - https://bikehub.co.za
Forums: Does it work here - https://forum.bikehub.co.za

2. Are you able to access this page without errors?
https://bikehub.co.za/notifications

3. Does this only happen on a particular device/browser or on all devices?

Please share either in this thread, DM me or via help@bikehub.co.za

1) Classifieds exclusively 

2) Yes 

3) All devices 

I can see the red icon in the forum page but not on the home page...

I can access the notifications page and see all notifications.

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Good suggestion, thanks! I've added it to the to-do queue.

Edit: @Danger Dassieare there other "Frame spares" you have in mind aside from hangers? We're mindful of creating category sprawl with too many fragmented sub categories and hangers fit neatly in the Rear Derailleurs category as-is (similar to what most leading online stores do).

Cheers. 

I suppose bolts and covers like for Di2, but derailleur hangar is pretty specific and sought after. I just automatically searched under frames when doing a listing. 
However listing/searching under components also makes sense.
I was about the list a hanger under rear derailleurs. But it doesn't allow for that since it needs to specified as one 9 to 12 speed options. 

@Matt

i sold something and after doing the delete and then select sold for that item I get a notification everytime I refresh or change pages.

DE6E7A0F-2436-47BD-A42B-E995E26EF595.png

Hi Matt

If you are still adding features or making changes, can I ask that you increase the number of options for frame size ?

Many manufacturers supply their bikes in XS, S, M, ML, L, XL etc.
People then struggle to equate a Small or a Med to a 50, 52 or 54 (because they might measure seat tube length rather than top tube length etc).

This leads to confusion and incorrectly advertised bikes and frames.
I think that this is more relevant to road and gravel, than to MTB.

Thanks

Frame Size.jpg