Rant - 947 radio

The Ouzo

Let me get this rant out whilst I still can.

given the choice I long ago stopped listening to 947, however at work I have no choice, there is a central audio system for the entire dealership with a single volume control, and unfortunately I have a speaker above my desk.

Is it just me or does every single presenter just use the platform to moan about stuff? 

Clearly I have long since not been the target market for the station. 

11 hours ago, ouzo said:

Let me get this rant out whilst I still can.

given the choice I long ago stopped listening to 947, however at work I have no choice, there is a central audio system for the entire dealership with a single volume control, and unfortunately I have a speaker above my desk.

Is it just me or does every single presenter just use the platform to moan about stuff? 

Clearly I have long since not been the target market for the station. 

radio is just clincing to it's dying industry 

The aboslute Horse SH#T ! That riaan guy barfs about every afternoon on kakeranda .....luckily i'm not forced to listen to it anymore 

17 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

radio is just clincing to it's dying industry 

The aboslute Horse SH#T ! That riaan guy barfs about every afternoon on kakeranda .....luckily i'm not forced to listen to it anymore 

my commute is 5 minutes, I often dont even have the radio on.

but this k@k 947 is in my ears all bloody day

4 minutes ago, ouzo said:

my commute is 5 minutes, I often dont even have the radio on.

but this k@k 947 is in my ears all bloody day

If you don't have to talk to people constantly consider getting a really HQ set of NC headphones,  like bose QC50's

18 hours ago, Prince said:

Standard format for each program and the music....i'm clearly too old for 947

The other day i decided to stream 947 for the first time in a long time, did not last very long.

The music and DJ's were equally k a k

93.8 MixFM was better

15 hours ago, BaGearA said:

If you don't have to talk to people constantly consider getting a really HQ set of NC headphones,  like bose QC50's

2 problems

1) I'm in retail sales, I cant have headphones on

2) I'm to poor to afford even half decent NC headphones

Next best thing is convince your boss to get spotify premium and just play whatever you like 

You can even try to carry the initial bill to help convince him 

5 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Next best thing is convince your boss to get spotify premium and just play whatever you like 

You can even try to carry the initial bill to help convince him 

lol dude, the internet is so restricted here, the "I Have an Idea for a new thread", when I open it here its 90% red Xs, no way spotify will work.

But the entire place is under construction, we'll soon be moved around and hopefully no speaker above me then

3 minutes ago, dev null said:

You own a pair of sidecutters?

Okay let me just say I LOVE the way you think ????????

Yeah, I think a effective torture mechanism for me would be to be forced to listen to SA radio. 

Sorry about your situation. 

Stopped listening to these clowns long ago. Commercial radio is the worst. I predominantly listen to 702, but sometimes that gets too much as well. 

Spotify ✔️

Deezer Premium ✔️

3 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Stopped listening to these clowns long ago. Commercial radio is the worst. I predominantly listen to 702, but sometimes that gets too much as well. 

Spotify ✔️

Deezer Premium ✔️

Same,

702 when I'm in Joburg, Cape Talk when at home and mostly just the afternoon drive/Money show. It also prevents me from being exposed to the s**t music played on air when I'm not using Spotify.

8 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Spotify ✔️

Deezer Premium ✔️

hell no, not 702.

When I was on the road alot a few years back I decided that I should listen to 702 in order to keep up with current affairs. No thanks, to many shows dictated by the hosts bias on the subject. To many extremists given the airtime they shouldnt. It's like the radio version of Twitter.