Alan Hatherly claims podium in Les Gets World Cup

News bot

Well Done Alan!!! It looked Flippen Cold!

I was watching with my son (11yr) ... and every time the camera was on Alan, I would say 'That's Alan'... my son could not understand how I could make out Alan with all that mud when you couldn't see the SA Flag on his jersey. I then told him I was looking at the Lefty fork... and went into a discussion on Cannondale's Left suspension... Good Times... Thanks Alan!

One of my favourite moments was when Rob noted the rider who was in front of Alan at the time "avoided the big jump on the left" due to the conditions and being dangerous ... then a second or two later Alan launches off the jump into the right hand berm face :) ... and he did this every lap!

5 minutes ago, Hairy on a Davidson said:

One of my favourite moments was when Rob noted the rider who was in front of Alan at the time "avoided the big jump on the left" due to the conditions and being dangerous ... then a second or two later Alan launches off the jump into the right hand berm face :) ... and he did this every lap!

I also saw that and had a lekker chuckle. That rider avoiding the danger was non other than Jordan Sarrou, the current XCO World Champ...???? I'm pretty sure the previous World Champ would also have been sending those jumps.

It was also cool to watch Alan do this little flick of the rear wheel when they reached this tight downhill left hander laced with roots. He looked most comfortable. Fluckiger looked like he was playing the Lotto every lap. His little tailish whips on the doubles looked they would go wrong everytime but somehow he kept it together. He just looks the most comfortable rider in the top 10 at the moment