• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, K20Champ said:

According to the website the below still reflects:

Team Seeding And Start Order

All teams will be seeded in conventional “fastest first” order unlike in previous years. This is to ensure maximum social distancing on the road, at feed zones and at the finish. Teams are seeded on previous Double Century history, as well through RaceTec’s general seeding system, and is done on the fastest four members of the team, not just the captain’s performances.

You found a page from last year that is not supposed to be actively linked anymore. Their site maintenance is not great. It's fastest latest.
@Jbr I thought you hate getting up early more than heat and wind? First team starts at 5am... 

43 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

You found a page from last year that is not supposed to be actively linked anymore. Their site maintenance is not great. It's fastest latest.
@Jbr I thought you hate getting up early more than heat and wind? First team starts at 5am... 

I remember last year's heat on the 3 sisters more than I remember the 4am breakfast ????

But I didn't know the existence of electrolites back then ;)

Edited by Jbr

For now to avoid confusion just assume it’s fastest teams last as per the social media posts. The reason for the revert to previous start order is the length of time the slower teams were out on the road. Many dehydrated riders suffering in a hot wind wasn’t fun . Not sure how busy the medic tent was with administering drips due to no after race festivities but it could not have been pretty. A case of a well intended covid protocol that bit in an unintended way.

but nevermind that minor detail. What times are your teams aiming at and have you held the secret meeting where the team capt draws lots as to who will be shelled on Tradouws , op de Tradouw , etc

strategy is everything 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

but nevermind that minor detail. What times are your teams aiming at and have you held the secret meeting where the team capt draws lots as to who will be shelled on Tradouws , op de Tradouw , etc

strategy is everything 

????????

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

For now to avoid confusion just assume it’s fastest teams last as per the social media posts. The reason for the revert to previous start order is the length of time the slower teams were out on the road. Many dehydrated riders suffering in a hot wind wasn’t fun . Not sure how busy the medic tent was with administering drips due to no after race festivities but it could not have been pretty. A case of a well intended covid protocol that bit in an unintended way.

strategy is everything 

Secret? We post ours on instagram...

go fast, don't forget to eat and drink. practice your "peeing on the bike skills", make sure you know the wind direction before executing the previous step of the plan.

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

go fast, don't forget to eat and drink. practice your "peeing on the bike skills", make sure you know the wind direction before executing the previous step of the plan.

don't worry about practicing, its going to rain so just let it go

29 minutes ago, Jbr said:

In my 12 years of riding I have never had to pee on the bike, what are you doing before the ride? Down downs??

26 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

don't worry about practicing, its going to rain so just let it go

Worst DC experience was the rain. Not so much the wetness etc, but going down after Tradouw and a truck coming the other way and the whole group of 100 riders just disappearing into a white cloud. 

• 3 weeks later...