We started a YouTube Channel!

Warren  Melissa Go Riding

Thank you all for the positive feedback. We are loving the passion project and seeing more and more people on trails they wouldn't normally ride.

Also super encouraging seeing more ladies reach out of their comfort zone and do more adventurous riding. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Melissa has massive FOMO but Baby Charlie will be here in 2 months then she can get back at it. 

We cant wait to bring you more awesome content!

W&M

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

We would love the hubbers help getting to 1000 subscribers. our aim is to use youtube monetisation (however small the amount) to give back to the cycling community in need.

Thank you for your support!

W&M

IMG_EBC22F70DFF7-1.jpeg

Very Random question, do you need to meet that requirements in a certain time or not ? (Does that watch time reset every year.)

Was also looking at the whole youtube thing and saw that way back and wondered how it worked.

4 minutes ago, Phillippe Coetzee said:

Very Random question, do you need to meet that requirements in a certain time or not ? (Does that watch time reset every year.)

Was also looking at the whole youtube thing and saw that way back and wondered how it worked.

You need 4000 watch hours in a year but that is all relative depending on your number of subscribers. But like we said, we not doing it for the numbers, just doing it so that we can have another revenue source to do more good :)

Good luck with the venture, please let us know if you need any help. Small world and we need to do what we can to support each other.

W&M

3 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

You need 4000 watch hours in a year but that is all relative depending on your number of subscribers. But like we said, we not doing it for the numbers, just doing it so that we can have another revenue source to do more good :)

Good luck with the venture, please let us know if you need any help. Small world and we need to do what we can to support each other.

W&M

Will drop you a pm :)

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

number 756 subscribed.

I'll probably never ride any of those trails (I'm a roadie), but its cost me nothing to support locals trying to do a good thing.

Delay your return flight in March .....  Or come down a day earlier and have some FUN on the Saturday .....

I am sure we can arrange transport for THEE Ouzo from your B&B to Bloemendal .....

33 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Melissa has massive FOMO but Baby Charlie will be here in 2 months then she can get back at it. 

hehehe, dis wat sy nou dink. 😁

Congrats on Baby Charlie. May he become an even better rider than his parents. Methinks you're going to be creating some content aimed at life behind bars with a baby in tow soon.

39 minutes ago, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

...snip 

We cant wait to bring you more awesome content!

W&M

Sure you know Irma ....

She took some time off after their little one.  Back in the saddle and did a decent ride of the very wet Baviaans.

ENJOY :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Delay your return flight in March .....  Or come down a day earlier and have some FUN on the Saturday .....

I am sure we can arrange transport for THEE Ouzo from your B&B to Bloemendal .....

transport and even a MTB is pretty easy to arrange, skills on the other hand ........

2 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

transport and even a MTB is pretty easy to arrange, skills on the other hand ........

For that we have Warren and Melissa 👍

Ouzo we truly are very fortunate to have trails for all skill levels 👍

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Sure you know Irma ....

She took some time off after their little one.  Back in the saddle and did a decent ride of the very wet Baviaans.

ENJOY :thumbup:

know her very well, she is a partner of the channel. AMAZING LADY

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

For that we have Warren and Melissa 👍

Ouzo we truly are very fortunate to have trails for all skill levels 👍

Happy to do a mahala fundamentals course or 3 for the girls and guys!

33 minutes ago, Kyle_Hanger said:

Would love to see this channel grow how can we help

Thanks you so much for this. We trying to do more and more as time allows. We still have day jobs and we trying our best to make sure this doesnt turn into something commercial but stays authentic.

Our plan going forward is to change the narrative around paid group rides. So provide a safe space on trails with qualified coaches for free. We have some awesome partners on board who share the same vision like Leatt and Specialized amongst others, so we are super blessed.

For now i think best is to share the stoke as much as possible, get people watching the videos so that they feel more comfortable on the trails and in turn the base will grow. Not only our subscribers but more importantly, people on the trails :)

On 9/15/2021 at 10:35 AM, Warren Melissa Go Riding said:

Hey Girls and Guys!

Please check out Melissa & my new youtube channel! We thought as we do a bit of riding, we can capture our rides and hopefully it will inspire you to hit the very same trails. As we do more riding we will load more content. Most of it around our beautiful Tygerberg MTB Club trails. The idea is that this way you can get an idea of how the trail flows before you ride it. We are currently filming our #TygerbergTrailVideos series. Will will highlight all our fun trails on our network.

Going forward, we have also paired with an awesome MTB coach as well as a very well known bike fitter to give us some pointers.

Its not being done for money, just for the love of the sport and the people doing it. Melissa will be leading us down all of the trails, showing women that this is not a mans sport!

Hope you check it out and let us know what you think!!

Also, didn't think I'd ever say this but.... hit the link below and LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7xaKjtamggJK8YnkhLqrg

Catch you out at Hoogekraal this weekend!

WMGR

Great YouTube channel you guys have there!

You guys down in the Cape sure have some great trails

#veryenvious

3 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

You can rent bikes at bloemendal these days or if you are adventurous…just outside jonkers or some of the other trails in stellies. I basically did jonkers enduro blind just watching @Warren Melissa Go Riding’s videos about the stages. Sure there are plenty of videos of the bro’s going mach3 down the trails, but the W&M vids give you a chance to actually look at the trail features lol 

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

You can rent bikes at bloemendal these days or if you are adventurous…just outside jonkers or some of the other trails in stellies. I basically did jonkers enduro blind just watching @Warren Melissa Go Riding’s videos about the stages. Sure there are plenty of videos of the bro’s going mach3 down the trails, but the W&M vids give you a chance to actually look at the trail features lol 

We will take that as a win hahaha. We should do a hub group ride sometime towards the end of the year! That should be fun!