Tour de France 2022

'Dale

33 minutes ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Did the commentators on SS get it wrong? I heard them say that Powless was in yellow. 

virtual yellow on the road until Wout really out the hammer down and closed that gap 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

what happens to one can easily happen to another

yup... has he recovered from the giro? he only raced 3 weeks for the first time just a few weeks ago. pap battery?

The thing is Roglic always looks  like he's riding around looking for the accident.

Tadej just looks comfortable and is using the force to steer clear of accidents and sure enough today we have Roglic crashing with Ewan....

MVDp doesn't even look like he's trying. :(

Hard to see Roglic losing so much time... 

Was really hoping he would take this one.

As much as i like Pogacar, i was hoping for a tight race. Maybe Ineos or Vingegaard can still challenge him

Pre Tour many claimed Jonas to be in better condition than Primoz to challenge Poggie... 

Really hope Primoz is able to continue (and stay on his bike) and give Jonas some support for the rest of the tour. 

9 hours ago, babse said:

Pre Tour many claimed Jonas to be in better condition than Primoz to challenge Poggie... 

Really hope Primoz is able to continue (and stay on his bike) and give Jonas some support for the rest of the tour. 

Don’t think he’ll stay and support. Go home, recover and prep for Vuelta. 

12 hours ago, Roul said:

Same same, was also surprised to see it not so.

12 hours ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

Did the commentators on SS get it wrong? I heard them say that Powless was in yellow. 

Right?!

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

The thing is Roglic always looks  like he's riding around looking for the accident.

Tadej just looks comfortable and is using the force to steer clear of accidents and sure enough today we have Roglic crashing with Ewan....

I'm not convinced. He looked like he was in the hurt locker yesterday. He never grimmaces like that. But people are making too many conclusions this early, a grand tour is a 21 day game of chess, not blitz. 

11 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Perhaps 2 consecutive GTs is a stretch too far for everyone's favourite 'cross rider. Or, like one of the commentators suggested, he is doing as little as possible to just finish the Tour. I don't recall him mentioning going for stage wins (for himself). 

The mountain/hilly stages are on the way, we shouldn't forget that, and the riders are aware too. Yesterday's stage was a spectator's delight, but I don't think many riders were looking forward to it. 

45 minutes ago, jcza said:

Don’t think he’ll stay and support. Go home, recover and prep for Vuelta. 

again.... sigh. super unlucky yesterday

The Giro was MvdP's first Grand Tour that he completed, and he was in the break 6 times (over 600Km in the break). Doing two Grand Tours (31 days apart) might be a bit too much for him; who knows.

I saw something on Twatter that got me wondering. In 2016, Froome apparently crashed and the crash was caused by an obstacle introduced by the organisers. He then subsequently got the same finish time as the peloton. The question was then asked, shouldn't Primož Roglič at least get the same finish time as the peloton?