Tour de France 2022

'Dale

4 hours ago, Ozzie NL said:

Interesting. I got Tradadol after broken ribs and did not enjoy the experience at all....felt like a bad trip

One month ago . Same same.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

See he has withdrawn from the Vuelta and is now appealing the TDF DSQ.

Keen to hear the reasoning. It's not something that one would find in a tainted form afaik. And a WT Dr should/would absolutely know better than to administer it. 
I remember years back when an anti-doping evangelist ironically espoused on Twitter the virtues of the stuff. That he was able to complete a cross cape event with broken ribs pain free. 
This was within a twitter convo about banning it for competition use.

Similarly when it was eventually banned by the UCI, I enquired with SAIDS and CSA on how this would be managed locally. Basically got fobbed off. 

Anyhow, found this to be one of the most useful links providing an overview on the risks associated with Tramadol: https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/tramadol-why-some-athletes-and-anti-doping-experts-want-it-banned/

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Keen to hear the reasoning. It's not something that one would find in a tainted form afaik. And a WT Dr should/would absolutely know better than to administer it. 
I remember years back when an anti-doping evangelist ironically espoused on Twitter the virtues of the stuff. That he was able to complete a cross cape event with broken ribs pain free. 
This was within a twitter convo about banning it for competition use.

Similarly when it was eventually banned by the UCI, I enquired with SAIDS and CSA on how this would be managed locally. Basically got fobbed off. 

Anyhow, found this to be one of the most useful links providing an overview on the risks associated with Tramadol: https://www.usada.org/spirit-of-sport/education/tramadol-why-some-athletes-and-anti-doping-experts-want-it-banned/

That was such fun. 😇

16 hours ago, dexterdent said:

This peer-reviewed, but limited, study shows pretty significant performance benefits in a 20min TT:  

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/tramadol-found-enhance-cycling-performance-study-finds-357365

Interestingly, and perhaps counter-intuitively, it did not show mental function decline under these specific testing conditions, but I would not want to ride in a peloton on Tramadol. It feels pretty strange that it is not a WADA banned substance.

one study is not science. Tramadol isn't on the WADA banned list because its not performance enhancing. Its not even a god masking agent but its one of those things that rider abuse because they don't understand what it does. Its likely a placibo with some nasty side effects in some people.